The iRattler/Peoplesoft Financials Management System version 8.4 was implemented in
July of 2004. The system was upgraded in 2008 to version 9.0 and in 2014 to version
9.2. General Ledger, Commitment Control, Asset Management, Project Costing, Purchasing,
e-Procurement, Contract, Billing, Sponsored Projects (Grant), Accounts Payable, Travel/Expenses
, Accounts Receivables, and Banking are modules that are maintained and supported
by the Office of Enterprise Information Technology Financial’s team.
The Financial’s Team maintains the iRattler Financial Management System, ensuring
that fixes, tax tables and images are applied and tested. The team is responsible
for trouble shooting problems and opportunities of a technical nature that cannot
be resolved by the university community. Additionally, the team generates queries
and other ad hoc reports used for validating financial information.
The Financials Management Team is responsible for:
- Providing support to campus users which include managing and tracking open issues
in the assigned modules ensuring that issues are resolved in successful and timely
- Responsible for configuring changes using the System Maintenance Request or Change
Management process and testing to ensure the changes do not negatively impact the
- Providing core user training and develop clear and concise documentation to ensure
that users have the knowledge and skills required to perform assigned tasks related
- Ensuring that data integrity is being met by use of queries, other tools and that
any identified data issues are communicated to the department managers.
- Conducting testing within iRattler Financial Management System (FMS) which includes:
- Developing thorough and accurate test scripts for User Acceptance Testing.
- Conducting User Acceptance Testing of new bundles, patches, fixes and images.
- Providing troubleshooting assistance/Tier 2 support for issues related to the assigned
modules and any other designated FMS modules.
- Partnering with functional owners in performing configuration changes, testing, training
and iRattler business process documentation as needed.
- Serving as the functional liaison with technical team for issues or enhancements needing
support. Including working with users to provide applicable functional specifications
and system testing of fixes and enhancements.
- Working with functional team to gather and document requirements to apply system solutions
to business problems.
- Providing continuous mentoring and knowledge transfer to functional users.