READY TO APPLY?
This LLC is restricted to first-year students that have been accepted into the pre-professional
pharmacy program. Students with a minimum high school GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale and
500 on the SAT Math or 21 on the ACT Math are encouraged to apply. The last day to
submit an LLC application for the upcoming year is May 1st.
To apply, students must write a one-page (500 words minimum) personal statement that
focuses on the following questions:
If you were to get selected to become the president of the School of Pharmacy LLC
at FAMU, what vision do you have for the group? What activities and skills do you
see as useful to instill in the members? And lastly, how will you differentiate yourself
from other presidents in terms of contribution?
When you are ready to submit your one-page essay click on the "College of Pharmacy
and Pharmaceutical Sciences" link in the FAMU Housing Application Portal and upload
If accepted into the group, you will be contacted prior to the beginning of the fall
semester and informed of your selection.
Desired characteristics we consider during the selection process are:
- Strong leadership abilities and/or a desire to become a leader in both professional
and personal environments
- Developed self-awareness and a clear effort to become the best version of yourself
- An altruistic desire to contribute to the community and influence your immediate surroundings
using your knowledge and career
- The ability to take initiative, express yourself in an authentic manner, and create
genuine connections with LLC members
- The ability to create a vision, set short and long-term goals, and slowly achieve
It is also important to note that the LLC hosts activities during the entire school
year excluding winter and summer breaks. This requires an additional effort from the
student to balance between participation and academic life. If the LLC member is unable
to attend more than 3 mandatory meetings, they will be released from the group.
Dr. Patrick Joseph
COPPS LLC Liaison
Dr. Brenda C. Spencer
LLC Program Director