With cutting edge programs and research opportunities, our faculty and students are
shaping the future.
Themed Learning Communities
FYE Themed Learning Communities are non-residential. Students do not have to live
in a specific Residential Learning Facility to be eligible to participate. Students
who participate in Freshmen Themed-Learning communities should expect to:
- Develop a strong sense of belonging at the university and within smaller academic
- Experience a smoother transition from high school to college.
- Achieve high academic performance.
- Develop friendships and study groups
- Support the retention and persistence to graduation of first-year students.
- Establish cohort experience and an environment of peer-to-peer support
- Create opportunities for students to cultivate relationships with FAMU alumni, government
officials, industry leaders and local business owners
- Provide connections with key stakeholder's area on campus, including Career Center,
Financial Aid, Study Abroad, Student Activities, and Freshmen Studies.
- Facilitate students' access and integration to FAMU culture and organizations.