Key Benefits of a FAMU MSN
We've taken great care to integrate a curriculum that prepares our graduates for workforce
realities in primary care. Many FAMU MSN program graduates come from minority backgrounds
so our program operates with a cultural sensitivity our students appreciate.
- No matter where you live, choosing FAMU for your MSN degree means you also get the
specialized guidance you need to find a preceptor in your home area.
- Faster graduation - only 42 credits required, whereas many others require up to 57.
- Program designed to be easily managed around work and personal obligations.
- Consistently high rate of certification – Program created with national certification
exam in mind.
- Program offers the adult/gerontology track.
- Excellent employment opportunities: High demand due to requirements of the 2010 Affordable
- Online student tuition includes:
- Free access to web-based tool, to help track patient interaction and clinical hours
- Faculty to student ratio is 1:20 or less. In accordance with the national standard,
ensuring ample personal attention from board-certified instructors--many of whom are
published and actively conducting research in complementary alternative medicine,
gerontology, self-health management and other areas.
- Two on-campus residencies.
Curriculum and Accreditation
The FAMU School of Nursing is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education
in Nursing (ACEN) and the curriculum is influenced by the American Association of
the College of Nursing, the National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculty, and
the Institute of Medicine.
Before You Apply
Candidates must hold a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from an accredited college
or university and demonstrate academic potential: (a) minimum GPA of 3.0 (in the last
60 semester hours of study). Additionally, MSN candidates must meet a number of school-specific
requirements, including a personal statement, Level II background check, and drug
screen. Post-Masters certificate program is available for students.
Other Online MSN Programs
The FAMU School of Nursing also offers three specialized MSN programs online. Learn
more about the Online MSN in Women's Health, Online MSN in Adult Gerontology, and the Online MSN in Nursing Informatics.
Due to restrictive state regulations, Florida A&M University (FAMU) is not permitted
to provide online courses or instruction to students from some states. If you reside in a restricted state, you may not be permitted to enroll in or be admitted
to a FAMU online program. Please contact your state’s higher education regulation authorities for more details.
More information on your state's regulations.