Key Benefits of a FAMU Online MBA
Impressive Employment Connections and Placement Services To Help You Succeed
Boasting an extensive cache of over 100 corporate partners, including Accenture, John
Deere, JPMorgan, Edward Jones, Disney, Ford, Burger King, and the Department of the
Navy, the School of Business and Industry works hard to give our MBAs access to the
best national and global employment connections for post-graduation career opportunities.
Our staff helps SBI graduates-to-be schedule interviews for full-time positions, supports
your employment search with workshops on resume writing and interviewing techniques,
along with two University Career Fair Expos each academic year. Plus:
- The program is designed with the working professional in mind
- The sequential course load helps you maintain business and personal obligations.
- The program combines stimulating lectures with innovative opportunities for team collaboration
- Recognition – FAMU’s MBA program students continue to draw recognition (recently placing
second in the national supply chain case competition)
Included in your tuition for the FAMU online MBA are:
- All textbooks and course materials, delivered in e-book format.
- A laptop for each student during the first semester. (However, students also are required
to have another computer to use as a backup.)
- An impressive competitive advantage with participation in graduate case competitions.
- A short-term international residency that includes interaction with executives from
multinational corporations in places such as Brazil, China and Chile.
Many FAMU MBA Grads Go On to Great Things
With its exceptionally high job placement rate (85%), the power of the FAMU MBA program
demonstrated by the many graduates who have assumed leadership roles in major multinational
- Shundrawn Thomas, Executive Vice President at Northern Trust Corporation,
- Sonia Jackson Myles, Director of Global Fiber and Printed Packaging Purchases at Procter
& Gamble, and
- John Thompson, Board Chairman of Microsoft.
Numerous School of Business and Industry graduates become successful entrepreneurs,
as well, including:
- PJ Benton of PJJD Enterprises,
- Al Fuller of Integrated Packaging Company,
- Art Collins of Public-Private Partnerships, and
- Len Burnett of Vibe and Uptown magazines.
Quality Guidance Through Completion of Your Graduate Degree
No matter where you live, choosing FAMU for your MBA means you get the support and
credential you need to become a leader in global business. Expect strong support from
our faculty members--offering ongoing personal access from distinguished professors
credited with published research and other intellectual contributions across disciplines
such as accounting, finance, information systems, management, marketing and supply
The FAMU School of Business and Industry is accredited by the Commission on Colleges
of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Requirements Before You Apply
Candidates are encouraged to apply a semester in advance of starting the program.
Interested candidates should also meet the following requirements:
- Hold a bachelor's degree earned from an accredited college or university.
- Completed a minimum of five years of post-baccalaureate work experience with at least
two years at the managerial level.
- Demonstrate academic potential: (a) cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in upper-division
coursework completed for the baccalaureate degree (and submit a GRE or GMAT score)
or (b) a score of 300 (150 verbal and 150 quantitative) or (c) a score of at least
600 on the GMAT.
Beyond satisfying these requirements, international applicants whose first language
is not English may be required to present a passing score on the TOEFL (500 paper-based,
213 computer-based, and 80 internet-based).
Prior to starting coursework, students will be required to achieve passing scores
on SBI's adaptive assessments in spreadsheets, accounting, finance, and statistics.
SBI’s adaptive assessments (with embedded tutorials) ensure that students have the
prerequisite skills needed to succeed in the MBA curriculum.
Due to restrictive state regulations, Florida A&M University (FAMU) is not permitted
to provide online courses or instruction to students from some states. If you reside in a restricted state, you may not be permitted to enroll in or be admitted
to a FAMU online program. Please contact your state’s higher education regulation authorities for more details.
CLICK HERE for more information on your state's regulations.