- To help educate and train students to become leaders and campus role models
- To encourage students, faculty and staff to adopt healthy lifestyles and create a campus culture of wellness
- Assist students to modify negative or risky behaviors
- Collaborate with campus and community resources and departments to implement successful programming
DIMENSIONS OF WELLNESS
- There are things we, individually, must do to help improve our health and wellness. The doctor cannot fix everything.
- Health includes our physical, mental, and spiritual wellbeing.
- This is a journey; we never “arrive.” There is always something more to be done.
- You have to work on all areas to improve wellness.
- There is no one way – everyone’s path will be different.
- There is no perfect day to start – start toda
Health Education and Prevention Speakers
The SHS Health Educator is available to speak to student groups, residence halls and classes on health and wellness topics. The SHS Wellness Center has brochures available on numerous health topics and has a condom distribution program. Call 850-599-3777 for more information. If you are requesting a program or materials please schedule at least 2 weeks in advance of the requested date for the event.
Peer Health Advocates
Peer educators are students trained in health prevention and intervention programs.
- Sexual Assault Awareness
- Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Wellness Warriors (Rattler Wellness Team)
- Sexual Health
- Nutrition Strike Team
Wellness Wednesday Chin-Ups and Check-Ups
(Fall & Spring only) (Fall & Spring only)