Student Centered Active Learning Environment for Undergraduate Programs
- Promotes active learning in a redesigned classroom of 50-70 students or more.
- Successfully implemented at approximately 100 institutions across the United States.
- Provides a highly collaborative, hands-on, computer-rich, interactive learning environment for large-enrollment courses.
- Class time is spent primarily on hands-on activities, simulations, or interesting questions, problems and/or hypothesis-driven labs where students have to write detailed reports.
Why SCALE UP?
1Evaluations and data indicate the following:
- Improved problem solving
- Reduced failure rates for women and minorities
- Increased conceptual understanding
- Improved Attitude
- 2Improved classroom performance in technology-enhanced learning spaces