DEVELOPING A NEW PROGRAM
The Office of Continuing EducationThe Office of Continuing Education is an autonomous unit which reports directly to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs and is responsible for ensuring that all non-credit educational programs sponsored by the University (held on or off campus) are conducted in accordance with the laws, rules, regulations and policies of the State of Florida, the Board of Governors and the University’s Board of Trustees.
The University identifies any educational event which is sponsored in whole or in part by Florida A&M University that involves the collection of revenue, expenditure of University funds or resources and/or the use of the University’s name as sponsor, co-sponsor or host as a continuing education program and requires prior approval by the Provost through the Office of Continuing Education. Additionally, the Office of Continuing Education is the only department authorized to collect revenue for continuing education programs. Such programs include but are not limited to the following:
Definition of Continuing Education Programs
• Youth Programs
• Summer Programs
Process for Program Approval• The sponsoring department will complete the Planning Authorization Request (PAR) and obtain proper authorization for the program from the respective Dean (for academic programs) or Director (for non-academic programs).
• The sponsoring department will submit the fully executed PAR to the Office of Continuing Education.
• The sponsoring program’s representative will schedule a meeting with the Director of the Office of Continuing Education to review the details of the proposed program and create a preliminary budget if registration fees will be collected.
• Once all criteria have been met and the program is determined viable by the Director of the Office of Continuing Education, the program will be recommended to the Provost for approval.
• Upon the Provost’s approval, program implementation can begin.
• Upon completion of program, submit Program Summary.
Services Offered by the Office of Continuing Education We are here to assist you with the following services to make your program a success:
• Program Planning
• Financial Management
• Online Registration and payment
• Logistical Arrangements
Florida A&M University
Office of Continuing Education
668 Gamble Street
Tallahassee, FL 32307
Phone: (850) 599-3474 • Fax: (850) 561-2464
Phyllis Watson, Director
Margaret Whitaker, Administrative Coordinator
Sandra Bryant, Budget Coordinator
Ashleigh Beverly, Program Assistant