All International applicants applying to Florida A&M University is required to submit an online application. It is important to provide complete and accurate information. Incomplete information will delay the processing of your application. Required documentation such as transcripts, diploma/degree certificates and examination results must be accompanied by certified, literal (exact) English translations if documents are not issued originally in English.
All International Applicants
- Submit the online FAMU application and $35 non-refundable application fee.
While online applications are preferred, some applications and supplemental forms are provided in PDF format. Please review the admissions download forms page if you need hard copies.
- Mail the nonrefundable application fee of $30 (money order or cashier's check) if not paying online at the time of application.
- A certified bank statement/supporting documentation of finances and International Financial Statement Form.
- Academic credentials (credentials must be certified true copies from high school; college or University). Original transcripts from all institutions must be submitted from the foreign institutions directly to the Office of Admissions. To determine academic eligibility for admissions, academic credentials must be: (a) translated into English and (b) evaluated course by course by an evaluation service. It is the responsibility of the applicant to contact the evaluation agency directly and provide FAMU with an original evaluation of all academic credentials. Acceptable evaluators can be found at the web pages of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
- Scores resulting from the SAT or ACT (College Entrance Examination - no exceptions or waivers); and
- Scores resulting from the TOEFL, (TOEFL score requirements are: (computer-based 173-; Internet-based 80) or IELTS 7.
An undergraduate applicant must apply for admission as a beginning freshman or transfer student.
- Beginning Freshmen: You are eligible to apply as a beginning freshman if you have completed the equivalent of a US secondary school and have not earned a university degree equivalent to a US bachelor's degree.
- Transfers: You are eligible to apply as a transfer applicant if you have completed the equivalent of a US secondary school and then enrolled in a college or university without yet earning a university degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree.
Test Score Requirements
SAT or ACT with writing test score is required for beginning freshman and freshmen/sophomore applicants. Official scores must be sent to FAMU directly from the testing agency. The institutional codes for FAMU are 5215 (SAT) and 0726 (ACT).
English Language Proficiency
Florida A&M University requires proficiency in spoken and written English. This helps ensure that students who speak English as a second language are able to participate fully in university life, both in and out of class.
The university accepts the results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Applicants must submit official results from one of the following with the required score or documented successful completion of English Language Institute Program.
- TOEFL: (Institution Code is 5233)
- IELTS: 7
- Applications will not be considered for admission until the Office of Admissions has received ALL required materials.
- All documents must be accompanied by certified, literal (exact) English translations for documents not originally issued in English.
- All academic credentials become property of the university. They will not be returned to you or forwarded to a third party. Credentials of applicants who do not enroll will be destroyed.
- Undergraduate applicants (beginning freshmen and transfers) must submit official transcripts, mark sheets and examination certificates in the native language for all secondary and/or postsecondary coursework, along with certified, literal (exact) English translations for documents not originally issued in English.
- Undergraduate applicants (beginning freshmen and transfer) are also required to submit secondary and college or university credentials from non-US institutions to a credential evaluation agency for a course-by-course evaluation with grade point average calculation. FAMU recommends a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or the International Education Credential Services provided by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers . The credential evaluation report must be submitted directly to the FAMU Office of Admissions.
Financial Statement and Proof of Funds
All international applicants are required to submit the International Financial Statement form regardless of the source of funding. Instructions for completing and submitting the International Financial Statement form are noted on the form.
Each application requires a nonrefundable $30 application fee in US currency. Online applicants may use credit cards. Please be aware that if paying by credit card, a $5.00 service fee will be added automatically to the $30 fee, so the total application fee is $35.00. If payment is sent by mail, the $30 money order or cashier's check must be drawn on a US bank and made payable to Florida A&M University. Foreign money orders will not be accepted. If it is difficult to submit the application fee because of currency restrictions in your country, you may ask a friend or relative in the United States to submit the fee on your behalf. Make sure your full name and date of birth are included with the fee payment. The application will not be processed without the application fee, and there are no fee waivers or postponements of payment.