About The Department Of Psychology
The Department of Psychology offers Major and Minor Programs in Psychology in a setting which allows students to excel academically, professionally, socially and personally. The Department of Psychology offers course work leading to the baccalaureate, masters and educational specialist degrees in psychology with a Black psychology and multicultural emphasis.
The 23nd Annual Imhotep Interdisciplinary Student Research Conference
The Florida A&M University College of Social Sciences, Arts, and Humanities is pleased to announce the 23rd Annual Interdisciplinary Student Research Conference beginning Thursday, April 9th through Saturday, April 11, 2015. All events will be held on the beautiful campus of Florida A&M University.
» Click Here for more information
THE PORTABLE MENTOR
The following volume has now been made available FOR FREE to all students. Just visit http://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-1-4614-3994-3/page/1 while on a computer connected to the server of any major university. Most all universities have a subscription to Springer's content which lets students download the whole volume for free. Enjoy!
The Portable Mentor, Second Edition
Expert Guide to a Successful Career in Psychology
Editor: Mitchell J. Prinstein
The book has 26 chapters written by leaders in the field on:
- Part I Applying to Graduate School
- Part II Beginning your Career
- Part III Your Research/Academic Career
- Part IV Your Career as a Practitioner
- Part V Your Professional Service Career
- Part VI Your Career After Graduate School
Job Title: Mental Health Clinician - Master's Level Clinician -
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Job Time Type: PRN (As Needed)
Job Description: This is a contract position, employer will issue a 1099 and you are responsible for your own taxes. Provide quality community based therapy services for children/adolescents and their families.
Our clinicians complete individualized and strengths-based treatment plans, facilitate individual/family/group therapy sessions, and complete related case notes and monthly summaries. Contract
» Click Here to download/print full job announcement
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Texas Education Review (TxEd) is an open-access, online, student peer-reviewed journal carrying original empirical and theoretical educational research. Accepting submissions on a rolling basis, we welcome pieces that address sociopolitical, economic, cultural, and organizational issues in education. TxEd seeks to build collaborative research relationships that extend beyond the University of Texas at Austin. We invite practitioners, policy-makers, activists, and researchers, as well as emerging and faculty scholars to submit manuscripts and editorials on contemporary “Critical Issues” in education. Manuscript and editorial Critical Issue texts should be aimed at analyzing, evaluating, problematizing, and/or pushing educational scholarship forward.
» Click Here for details
Congratulations to these outstanding FAMU Department of Psychology Alumni who are demonstrating their leadership skills at the following institutions:
FAMU Psychology Alum in Academic Adminstrative Positions
- Gwendolyn Singleton, Ph.D., Chair, Department of Psychology, FAMU
- DeReef Jamison, Ph.D., Head of African American Studies Program, Savannah State University
- Marilyn D Lovette, Ph.D., Chair, Department of Psychology, Livingston College
- Reginald Hopkins, Ph.D., Chair, Department of Psychology, Virginia State University
- Jermaine Robertson, Ph.D., Program Director, Community Psychology Program, Dept. of Psychology, FAMU
- Derek Wilson, Ph.D., Interim Chair, Department of Psychology, Prairie View A&M University