Given national advisories concerning the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Florida A&M University has transitioned to remote instruction for the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester. You may contact faculty via email. You may contact the department via email or telephone and someone will respond within 24 hours.
In order to help students better navigate this changing landscape, we are providing links to essential CSSAH contact information and updated university policies:
- ESSENTIAL CONTACTS: This at-a-glance directory helps students easily access their CSSAH departments regarding their needs and concerns. We also encourage students to communicate directly with their professors to make sure they remain aware of potential new formats and measures for submitting assignments.
- SPRING 2020 COMMENCEMENT: Because FAMU is committed to protecting the health of the university community, our families, and friends, the university will host a close-captioned virtual ceremony for Spring 2020 graduates on Saturday, May 9 at 10 a.m. Graduates will receive an email from the vendor on how to submit their headshot and information. During the ceremony, each graduate’s name will be called, and the photo/information submitted will be displayed. For more information, visit the Commencement web page.If you have questions, email commencement@FAMU.edu.
- FAMU SPRING 2020 MODIFIED GRADING POLICY: Florida A&M University has modified the Grading Policy to allow students the option of receiving either a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (S/U) or letter grade (A/B/C/D/F) in courses that are approved to offer the S/U grade. All students (except those at the College of Law) will have the option to request the S/U option for eligible courses. Visit the Office of the Registrar's website for additional information.
- HOW TO SELECT THE S/U GRADE: All students (except Graduate Distance Learning and Dual Enrollment) have the option to request the S/U option for eligible courses. You can place this request at your Student Center in iRattler (except student athletes) from Wednesday, April 15 through Wednesday, May 6, 2020. Visit the Office of the Registrar's website for additional information.
About The Department of Visual Arts, Humanities and Theatre
The Department of Visual Arts, Humanities, and Theatre offers instructional programs in visual arts, philosophy, religion, theatre, and courses in humanities. Each of these programs leads to either the Bachelor of Science or the Bachelor of Arts degree.
The Department is actively involved with special programs, events and various creative, expressive, scholarly endeavors by faculty and students. Overall, it prepares students for positions of leadership by imparting knowledge, skills, and proficiencies, which they may need when performing in their professions and functioning in their communities. The Department provides students with a sound general education, specialized instruction, practical experience, and exposure to distinguished visual and performing artists, philosophers, and theologians.
Student majors are expected to select courses from each instructional program within their respective department.
515 Orr Drive, Tucker Hall 208
Florida A&M University
Tallahassee, Florida 32307
(850) 599-3161 (Visual Arts Program)
(850) 599-3394 (Theatre)
Dr. Allezo N. Owens