August 21-22, 2019
Move-in for Orientation is August 20th. Students will move into their assigned housing. You must already have a housing assignment to move in on August 20th and you must be fully registered for Orientation. (You are not registered until orientation fees are paid).
Welcome to Orientation Registration
Please read all instructions before attempting to register.
Length of Orientation
· The Student Orientation Program lasts two (2) days.
· Students must attend all sessions.
· The Parent/Family Program lasts one (1) day. The Parent/Family Orientation is Optional.
Who Should Attend
· All freshman students admitted who have not attended an orientation session this summer.
Family Orientation Program
The Orientation Family Program includes a series of sessions and presentations designed specifically for parents/family members.
· Family members will become familiar with the campus and its resources.
· Learn about the services that are available to their student
· Gain insight into the kinds of adjustments students and their families will face during their transition to college life.
· Parents/Guardians are encouraged to attend Orientation with their students, however it is not mandatory. Family orientation will occur for one (1) day (Wednesday- August 21st). It will conclude on Wednesday evening at 6:30p.m.
· Non-registered individuals will not be allowed to attend orientations sessions/events and cannot receive printed or published materials.
What to Expect
Orientation is an exciting time. There is a lot to accomplish in a very short period of time. Think of it as a snapshot of what you’ll experience as a student. Below are a few helpful hints to make your orientation experience enjoyable.
· Weather - think hot thoughts! Tallahassee in August is HOT, humid and often wet!
· Terrain - Have you heard? FAMU sits on the highest of seven hills on over 400 acres. Be prepared for Walking, Walking and (you guessed it) more Walking!
· Days & Nights - Early mornings and late evenings are all too common during orientation. Be prepared for a full day of events every day that you’re here. Orientation is serious business but don’t worry we’ll do our best to make sure you have fun too!
· Orientation participants requiring accommodations for disabilities should contact the Center for Disability Access and Resources (CeDAR) at 850-599-3180 two weeks prior to your session.
A one-time mandatory orientation fee of $35.00 is charged to every freshman and transfer student during the first semester of enrollment. This charge will appear on the student’s account after he/she has registered for classes and must be paid with tuition. Please DO NOT mail this payment or include it into the Housing/Admissions deposit. The mandatory orientation fee will automatically be withdrawn from the students account during his or her first semester.
Additional Fees: (Upfront Cost- Paid through the VZorientation portal- NO MONEY ORDERS are accepted)
· Student Fee: $60.00 - Includes orientation meals, bag and materials. No housing is included; students must sign up for fall housing through the University Housing Office.
· Family Member Fee: $30.00 per person - Includes orientation meals, bag and materials. No housing is included for family members.
· Kids Fee (Ages 10 and under): $15.00 per person - Includes orientation meals, and materials. No housing is included for family members.
NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN FOR ANY REASON
Orientation Registration Instructions
· Please have your 9 digit student ID# before attempting to complete Orientation registration.
· You are not registered until you have paid in full.
· Once you have registered, you will immediately receive a confirmation email.
· Please be aware that our emails sometimes are placed in bulk, spam, or junk email boxes. Please check those as well.
Payment must be received in full in order for your reservation to be complete. Registration must be completed prior to the Orientation registration deadline on August 15th.
To register for Orientation click the following link: https://secure.vzorientation.com/FAMU