Getting ConnectedIn order to get access to the FAMU Wireless network you must have a FAMU email address and password. If you do not have a FAMU email account you should visit the E.I.T. Service Center at 128 Old Dyson Pharmacy Building with your current class scedule and Rattler Id.
Here are a few of facts about your FAMU network:
E.I.T. takes pride in being able to provide you reliable network connectivity and internet access. Please ensure that you adhere to the FAMU Network Security Policy while you are connected.
- The campus network core is completely redundant with redundant core switches and routers, network security devices, and other network servers and services.
- As a result of this robust design, the Network team has been able to maintain over ninety-nine percent (99%) network uptime.
- The campus core also provides for ten gigabits per second (10 Gbps) connectivity.
- The total bandwidth to the commodity internet is approximately one hundred and seventy-five megabytes per second (175mbs) with the ability to burst at higher speeds as needed.
- The campus network is connected to the internet2 research backbone at over one gigabit per second (1 Gbps).
- To provide the highest level of reliability, FAMU EIT has provisioned three (3) different internet service providers (ISPs) that are configured for redundancy in the event one of the connections fails.
- Florida A&M University network is also connected to the Florida Lambda Rail which provides increased and direct connections to other Florida Universities.
- The majority of the campus buildings are dual homed back to our campus network distribution layer at two gigabits per second (2Gbps). This allows for redundant fiber connected links.
- FAMU has implemented a 24x7 network monitoring solution that enhances our resilience to network outages by continuously monitoring and proactively handling potential problems. The various monitoring systems track and log millions of system events that are analyzed and used for network design and planning activities.