SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE AND ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
Architectural Precast Association scholarship.
The deadline for the scholarship is March 31, 2014 and the winner will be notified in early May.
The application and FAQ is located at:
If you have additional questions please contact Christina Welty, Program Manager
Architectural Precast Association
325 John Knox Rd, Ste L103
Tallahassee, FL 32303
Phone: (850) 205-5637
The DDETRP managed by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) office of Technical Services through Florida A& M University is inviting all Junior, Seniors and Graduate students from the majors listed below to apply for this fellowship. The maximum amount the students can receive is up to $10,000
Arts and Sciences
Architecture, Biology, Chemistry
Communication, Computer Science
Criminal Justice, Environmental Science
Information Systems, Logistics
Mathematics, Public Administration
Construction Engineering, Engineering (General),
Environmental Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering
Accounting, Business Administration
Business Management, Finance,
Economics, Management, Marketing
Education and Human Development
Education, Human Factors,
Human Resources, Psychology
Public Policy and Planning
Public Policy & Analysis
Urban and Regional Planning
Pavement and Materials
Transportation (Traffic Operations)
Transportation Planning & Management
Application forms can be downloaded here.
The application deadline is 03/19/2014 at 5:00pm.
For more information please contact Dr. Doreen Kobelo at (850) 599-8601 or via email at email@example.com
Recipient awards will be based on the ranking given and available funding.
ePosters representing work in the field of facility management (FM) and the built environment (BE) are invited from IFMA Foundation Accredited Degree Program (ADP) students and other FM/BE degree program students. The ePoster competition is an opportunity for students from around the world to gain international recognition by presenting their experiences with FM/BE projects from internship/coop projects or related research. The culmination of the IFMA Foundation’s ePoster competition takes place at IFMA’s World Workplace Conference and Expo and is hosted by the IFMA Foundation’s Facility Management Accreditation Commission (FMAC). 2014 is the sixth year the ePoster competition has been sponsored by the IFMA Foundation.
The author(s) of the winning ePoster will receive a certificate of recognition along with a travel and expense allowance, not to exceed US$1,500, to attend either the next EFMC conference or IFMA’s WWP and participate as a judge of that conference’s ePoster competition.
Abstract Submission Deadline
May 1, 2014 Deadline for ePoster competition application/abstract form submissions.
2014 FM Scholarship Applications are now available!
Apply for an IFMA Foundation Scholarship today!
This year we will be awarding a record number of scholarships. We have approximately 45 to 50 scholarships available with a combined value of over $150,000. The individual scholarships range in value from $1,500 to $5,000 and they go to undergraduate and graduate students that are enrolled in facility management or FM related programs. (FM related programs include, but are not limited to, construction management, architecture, interior design and some engineering disciplines). In addition to the scholarship value, recipients also receive free travel, accommodations, food and registration to IFMA World Workplace 2014 in New Orleans, LA, September 17-19, 2014.
Please encourage your students to visit the IFMA Foundation website to download the application at www.ifmafoundation.org. The application is also attached.
The application submittal deadline is May 20, 2014. All of the qualifications and requirements are detailed on the online application.
Please contact Steve Lockwood, Director of Academic Affairs, IFMA Foundation if you have any questions - firstname.lastname@example.org or 281-974-5601.
Send completed PDF applications to Cara Johnson, IFMA Foundation Administrator – email@example.com.
| Check out FAMU's |
Master of Science in Architectural Studies:
Facility Management Track
FAMU's First Solar Dok Installed
The FAMU Green Coalition, and Division of Architecture faculty advisor Olivier Chamel, recently installed the University's first Solar Dok -- a solar powered recharging station for laptops, tablets, and cell phones. Prof. Chamel noted, “The installation of a Solar Dok on campus is an interactive way to show students that solar energy is a reality and has concrete applications such as recharging portable devices. As we educate our students to become leaders, it is critical that they are exposed to and understand the role of renewable energy. Overall, it is about raising awareness.” The Solar Dok was funded by a grant from the Siemens Corporation and is located on the quadrangle. Click here to see recent news coverage of the installation by WCTV.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS: SUMMER 2013 - FALL 2013
The FAMU School of Architecture is a leading producer of African-Americans with undergraduate and graduate degrees in architecture and engineering technology.
The State University System of Florida (SUS) Board of Governors (BOG) 2012-13 “Interactive University Data” reported that in 2012-13, FAMU was
· # 1 in undergraduate enrollment of African-Americans in architecture,
· # 1 in undergraduate enrollment of African-Americans in engineering technology,
· # 1 in graduate enrollment of African-Americans in architecture,
· # 1 in undergraduate degrees awarded to African-Americans in architecture,
· # 1 in undergraduate degrees awarded to African-Americans in engineering technology,
· # 1 in graduate degrees awarded to African-Americans in architecture.
Diverse Issues in Higher Education “Top 100 Producers of Minority Degrees 2013” published a national report that ranked FAMU
· # 2 in undergraduate degrees awarded to African-Americans in architecture,
· # 7 in undergraduate degrees awarded to African-Americans in engineering technology,
· # 3 in graduate degrees awarded to African-Americans in architecture,
- Knight, R. "Cities as an Art Form: Architecture and Urban Design as Expressions of Culture". Ninth Annual Conference on Arts in Society, Rome, Italy (2014).
- Lumpkin, R. "Student Achievement Rises in New Code Compliant School Buildings". 2nd Annual Int’l Conference on Architecture and Civil Engineering (ACE 2014). Singapore, Japan (2014)
- Wells-Bowie, L. "Design as a Layered Language of Perception". Hawaii International Conference on Arts & Humanities, Honolulu, Hawaii (2013).
- Dr. Yves Anglade, $15,625 Gulf Coast 2 2: EET Program, Florida DOE
- Dr. Yves Anglade, $15,625 Gulf Coast 2 2: CET Program, Florida DOE
- Dr. Doreen Kobelo, $26,474, Summer Transportation Institute, Florida DOT
- Thomas Pugh, $13,305, Training Materials for Radon-Resistant Residential Construction, Florida DOH
- Dr. Doreen Kobelo, $10,000, Dwight David Eisenhower Trans. Fellowship, US DOT FHA
- Dr. Doreen Kobelo, $7,500, Dwight David Eisenhower Trans. Fellowship, US DOT FHA
- Dr. Doreen Kobelo, $5,000, Dwight David Eisenhower Trans. Fellowship, US DOT FHA
- Dr. Doreen Kobelo, $5,000, Dwight David Eisenhower Trans. Fellowship, US DOT FHA
- Dr. Doreen Kobelo, $3,000, Dwight David Eisenhower Trans. Fellowship, US DOT FHA
- Dr. Doreen Kobelo,$25,113. Florida Occupant Protection Program, FDOT
- Dr. Doreen Kobelo, $329,956.64 Center for Safe and Accessible Transportation for an Aging Population, US DOT & FSU
- Kenya Rolle, Undergrad CET, $10,000 Dwight David Eisenhower Transportation Fellowship
- Jendeena Lightbourne, Graduate ARC, $7,500 Dwight David Eisenhower Transportation Fellowship
- Gerald Cadet, Undergrad CET, $5,000 Dwight David Eisenhower Transportation Fellowship
- Porchia Tolbert, Undergrad CET, $5,000 Dwight David Eisenhower Transportation Fellowship
- Aniqua Dessout, Undergraduate ARC, $3,000 Dwight David Eisenhower Transportation Fellowship
- Kimona Jones, Graduate ARC, $2,500 Suncoast IFMA Chapter Scholarship
- Anthony Pagnotta, Undergrad ARC, $500 HENAAC College Bowl Scholarship
- Porchia Tolbert, Undergrad CET, $300 HENAAC College Bowl Scholarship
- Serge Delice, Undergrad EET, $300 HENAAC College Bowl Scholarship
- Bejie Smith. Design of a Solar Station Charger, poster presented at the Hispanic Engineer National Achievement Awards Conference (HEENAC) Conference. New Orleans, LA.
- Stephan Williamson. Converting the Motion of Physical Exercise into Electrical Energy for Small Scale Applications, poster presented at the Hispanic Engineer National Achievement Awards Conference (HEENAC) Conference. New Orleans, LA.