- Pathways Professions Conference - October 12th.
- FAMU BASE students - Virginia Tech University - April 2016.
- Dean Taylor receiving a USDA Certificate from the USDA Undersecretary, Catherine Woteki
- Fall 2015 Graduate!
- Famu Research & Extension Center in Quincy
- CAFS planting a tree on Earth Day at Blanche Ely High School.
- Experience CAFS!
- Coming in August 2016
Rural Development and Small Farms
About the Program
Rural Development and Small Farms will conduct programs in four major areas: These areas are (1) Rural development, (2) Natural Resources and Community Forestry & Agroforestry, (3) Small Farms, and (4) Family and Consumer Science.
The mission of the Center is to enhance the social and economic well-being of rural and small farm communities through research that facilitates education outreach and policy decision-making.
Our goals are to:
- To facilitate policy-based, multi-disciplinary and multi-institutional research programs;
- To strengthen the teaching program by providing education in techniques, philosophy and methodology of small farms and rural communities, and;
- To foster stronger collaborative relationships among the University and public and private sector institutions and organizations concerned with small farm and rural affairs.
Faculty & Staff
Helen D. Worthen, Ph.D.
Michael Thomas, Ph.D.
Oghenekome U. Onokpise, Ph.D.