- Pathways Professions Conference - October 12th.
- FAMU BASE students - Virginia Tech University - April 2016.
- Dean Taylor receiving a USDA Certificate from the USDA Undersecretary, Catherine Woteki
- Fall 2015 Graduate!
- Famu Research & Extension Center in Quincy
- CAFS planting a tree on Earth Day at Blanche Ely High School.
- Experience CAFS!
- Coming in August 2016
4-H and Youth Development
The 4-H and Youth Development Program at Florida A&M University is designed specifically to respond to the needs of Florida’s youth by preparing them to successfully face the challenges affiliated with adulthood. The program components consist of the following:
- 4-H Sprouts (6 to 10 years old)
- 4-H Sprouts Graduate (11 to 14 years old), and
- 4-H sprouts Post Graduate (15-18 years old).
These components focus on initiating success by empowering the minds of our youths to embrace a higher level of thinking through leadership development, entrepreneurship, life skills, and science-based educational activities and social skill building activities for adolescents and teenagers.
Following are just a few activities sponsored through the FAMU 4-H Program:
- 2017 Spring Break Camp Agri STEM
- 4-H Leadership Workshops
- 4-H Entrepreneurship Workshops
- 4-H Area and Regional Meetings
- 4-H Summer Camps
- Youth Workshops
- Ag Exploration Activities
The 4-H Life Skills Program Subject areas include the following categories:
Head - Positive thinking, Success, Making Positive choices, Goal Setting, Self-Discipline Leaders within
Heart - Positive self-esteem, Strong Values, Helping others, Forgiveness
Health - Controlling Your Emotions, Abstinence, Managing Stress, Managing Anger, and Conflict Management
Hands – Entrepreneurship, Initiative - Developing Potential
Youth participating in the 4-H Program enjoy a unique collection of memorable experiences and personal development that provides lifelong benefits! We encourage young people everywhere to join 4-H today for a brighter tomorrow!
Ms. Tondalaya Nelson, Cooperative Extension Program
College of Agriculture and Food Sciences
Florida A&M University
Room 209 South
Telephone: (850) 599-3546
Fax: (850) 561-2151