Please read through the information listed below carefully before registering for your orientation session.
Please visit orientation.famu.edu to complete the pre-orientation program prior to registering for your orientation session. You will need to use your iRattler username and password to log in.
Parent/Family Members are strongly encouraged to create a Guest Account to learn about the university resources and services available to your student.
Virtual Orientation Sessions
April 27, 2021 – Summer A, B, C ~ Virtual Transfer Student Orientation
April 29, 2021 – Summer A, B, C ~ Virtual Transfer Student Orientation
In-Person Orientation Sessions
June 15, 2021 – Summer B & Fall Transfer Student Orientation
June 29, 2021 – Fall Transfer Student Orientation
July 13, 2021 – Fall Transfer Student Orientation
July 27, 2021 – Fall Transfer Student Orientation
August 3, 2021 – Fall Transfer Student Orientation
August 17, 2021 – Fall Transfer Student Orientation
Length of Orientation
· The Virtual Transfer Student Orientation Program lasts one hour and thirty minutes (1 ½).
· The In-Person Transfer Student Orientation Program lasts one (1) day.
· Students must attend at least one (1) orientation session virtual or in-person.
Who Should Attend
· All admitted transfer students. In order to be classified as a Junior an individual must have earned 60 credit hours or more.
· Parents/Guardians are encouraged to attend Orientation with their students. ONLY ONE (1) FAMILY MEMBER WILL BE ALLOWED TO REGISTER AND ATTEND ORIENTATION DUE TO COVID-19.
Orientation participants requiring accommodations for disabilities should contact the Center for Disability Access and Resources (CeDAR) at 850-599-3180 two weeks prior to your session.
A one-time mandatory orientation fee of $35.00 is charged to every freshman and transfer student during the first semester of enrollment. This charge will appear on the student’s account after he/she has registered for classes and must be paid with tuition. Please DO NOT mail this payment or include it into the Housing/Admissions deposit. The mandatory orientation fee will automatically be withdrawn from the students account during his or her first semester. Since orientation is only one (1) day, housing is NOT provided during Transfer Student Orientation.
THERE ARE NO UPFRONT COST FOR TRANSFER STUDENTS
Orientation Registration Instructions
· Please have your 9 digit student ID# before attempting to complete Orientation registration.
· You are not registered until you hit the submit button.
· Once you have registered, you will immediately receive a confirmation email.
· Please be aware that our emails sometimes are placed in bulk, spam, or junk email boxes. Please check those as well.
To register for Orientation click the following link: https://secure.vzorientation.com/FAMU