Welcome Students!Thank you for selecting Florida Agriculutural and Mechanical University as your school of choice. The Office of Financial Aid is committed to assisting students in meeting the cost of a college education.
Financial aid has helped millions of students pay for their education beyond high school. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the key to some of the best resources available to you
to fund your education. Therefore, it is important to complete the FAFSA by March 1 annually. We want our students to take advantage of all the grants, loans, and work-study opportunities available to
them. Should you need assistance, our counseling staff is ready and eager to assist you with navigating through the financial aid process.
We hope the information provided on this website will answer questions asked by most financial aid recipients.
The Office of Financial Aid is located in the Foote Hilyer Administration Building, Room 101.
| || |
Welcome to The Hill!
To view your financial aid award for the 2015-16 academic year, please visit www.famu.edu.
Click on iRattler
Log-in using your USER ID and PASSWORD (case sensitive)
Click Campus Solutions
Click Self-Service, then Campus Finances, then click the View Financial Aid link.
For your convenience, there are now four ways to submit documents to the Office of Financial Aid:
(1) Fax to 850-561-2730
(Acceptable file types are Word, Excel, and PDF)
(3) Hand delivery
(4) US Mail DID YOU KNOW . . .
*PLEASE MAKE SURE THE STUDENT'S NAME AND ID NUMBER ARE ON EACH PAGE OF ALL DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED*
- It is time to complete the 2015-2016 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The application period began JANUARY 1 and FAMU's priority deadline was MARCH 1. Please know you do not have to wait until you file taxes to complete the FAFSA; you can estimate your income based on your last 2014 wage and earnings statement.
- Did you know that the Federal Student Aid PIN has been replaced by the FSA ID? For more information, please visit studentaid.gov/fsaid.
- Did you know that students with an APPROVED Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) appeal for SUMMER 2015 must academically progress during SUMMER 2015 in order to receive aid for the upcoming semester. Approval IS NOT automatic.
- Did you know that students can review their iRATTLER account for financial aid award updates, documents outstanding, financial aid holds, etc?
- Did you know that students who receive federal financial aid and withdraw from all classes before the 60% point of the term may be subject to repayment of financial aid received? Please view the financial aid website at www.famu.edu and click on financial aid for additional information on Withdrawals and Title IV returns.
- Did you know that the PELL grant program has a maximum lifetime limit to receive PELL funds? A recent change in the law limits the total lifetime amount of Pell Grant funding a student may receive to the equivalent of twelve (12) full-time semesters or six (6) years (600%). For additional information on how the Pell Grant received amount was calculated, please visit www.studentaid.ed.gov/pell-limit.
- Did you know that if you drop or withdraw from a course for which a Bright Futures Scholarship was disbursed, you must repay the Bright Futures received for the course? Also, the student will be ineligible to renew his/her Bright Futures award for any subsequent academic year until repayment occurr.
- Did you know financial aid is not disbursed until attendance in all classes is confirmed?
- Did you know that the Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS) and the Direct Graduate PLUS loan requires credit approval through the Department of Education? www.studentloans.gov.
- Did you know that there are Federal Stafford loan limits for Dependent students of $23,000 Subsidized and $8,000 Unsubsidized and for Independent students $23,000 Subsidized and $34,500 Unsubsidized? Please visit www.studentaid.gov to view the loan limits and visit www.NSLDS.ed.gov to see what you have borrowed.
Again, thank you for choosing Florida A&M University to further your education, we wish you great success in your academic endeavors!
Office of Financial Aid