Leadership & Service Learning (LSL) is a unit within Efferson Student Union & Activities. LSL engages students in leadership development and service-learning opportunities that foster transformative learning and social change. LSL provides programs that are open to and designed for all FAMU students, regardless of affiliation, major, identity or status. These programs are opportunities for diverse students and staff to share perspectives, ask critical questions, and meaningfully impact the community.
What we do for FAMU Students
- Provide leadership development and training programs designed to cultivate the next generation of FAMU leaders
- Provide enriching community service and volunteer opportunities and programs
- Connect students with meaningful service learning and volunteer opportunities in the Tallahassee community.
- Provide training for being an effective volunteer on FAMU’s campus and in the community
- Provide a system for documenting community service and volunteer hours on student Rattler Record
What we do for FAMU departments
- Assist with the recruitment of FAMU student volunteers to participate in university sponsored events and activities by posting on Efferson Student Union & Activities Community Service and Volunteer calendar.
What we do for the community
- Assist with the recruitment of FAMU student volunteers to participate in approved community agency sponsored events and activities by posting on Efferson Student Union & Activities Community Service and Volunteer calendar.