Office of Student Services
Student Services Mission
The mission of the Office of Student Services, in unison with the School of Business and Industry and Florida A&M University, is to offer seamless student services and resources, while promoting student development, student learning, and professionalism. The Office of Student Services strives to provide the highest quality of academic advisement and retention programming that facilitate student success throughout our undergraduate, professional and graduate programs.
The primary goal of the Office of Student Services is to promote student success by encouraging the highest standards of achievement for all of our students. Our academic advisors provide proactive and interactive advisement to address academic and personal concerns of all students. It is imperative that students meet regularly with their academic advisor to ensure that they fulfill requirements and develop strategies for academic success.
(Note: The Office of Student Services is a collective body of the following areas: Academic Support Services, Office of Admissions/Recruitment and Office of Academics).
- Process Admission Documents
- Relay Admission Decision to Applicants
- Facilitate Student Orientations
- Academic Advisement
- Maintenance of Student Academic Records
- Track Every Individual Student Academic Progress
- Process Change of Majors
- Verify, Approve and Distribute Absence Excuses
- Facilitate the Internal and External Processing of Grade Changes
- Liaise with various campus entities (Housing, Registration, Admission, Student Financial Aid) to problem solve student matters
- Process and present student Academic Appeals to University’s Academic Appeals Committee
- Prepare Graduate Status Audits
- Prepare/Update Graduation Audit
- Prepare Graduation Certifications for the Registrar’s Office
- Plan/Coordinate campus visits
- Develop Recruitment Plans and Strategies
- Plan and Coordinate Recruiting Trips and Participation in College Fairs
- Track, Identify and follow-up with qualified students for scholarships
- Develop Academic Course Schedule in Coordination with Office of Academics
- Process Academic Operations Support Documentation (graduate status, DIS, grievance, and course withdrawals)
- Maintain and Update SBI course offerings
For any technical concerns regarding our site please contact Mr. Ayinde Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 850-599-3565.