SharePoint is a Microsoft web applications that allows for secure collaboration and file management through web interface. File sharing and management is easily accomplished through Microsoft Office integration. This a great tool for intranet team collaboration and document management.
The following information is specific to FAMU SharePoint 2007 configurations and may not apply to other SharePoint Site.
A request form for SharePoint access is located at the FAMU SBI/SACS System Access web page for your convenience. This information will be viewed by the administrator and access will be granted pending appropriate approval.
May I use my mobile MAC devices to access Sharepoint? No. iPads and iPhone are not directly supported.
May I use my MAC devices to access Sharepoint? Yes. Only if it has Internet Explorer.
May I use other browser besides Internet Explorer? No. Using other browser will limit functionality and may cause errors.
Is there a way to stop the password prompt between file edits? No (EIT is working on this issue)
Does the alert email feature work? No
Does MS Word track changes work in SharePoint? Yes
May I be the only individual to have access to my committee files? Yes
May I have my whole team have access to my committee files? Yes
Is on campus SharePoint training available? No (Contact Ayinde Johnson for additional information)
How do I take advantage of “Use my local drafts folder” while checking out a file? You must add SharePoint to your list of trusted sites.
How to add your SharePoint site to your list of trusted sites:
- Go to your SharePoint site using your IE Web browser.
- Click the Home tab in the upper-left corner.
- In your Web browser, click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab, and then click Trusted sites.
- Click Sites.
- The Web site should be shown in the Add this website to the zone field. If it isn't, type the address of your home page.
- Click Add.
- If the site is not a secure site (that is, the Web address or URL doesn't start with HTTPS), clear the Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone check box.
- Click Close.
For addition questions or comments please contact the IT Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.