Access Summer Bridge 2018 Detailed Check List
1. Submit the FAMU Health Compliance Forms
- Submit completed health history form
- Provide documentation of two (2) MMR immunizations
- Provide documentation of Meningitis and Hepatitis B immunization or signed waiver
Students are not allowed to participate in the ASB program or register for classes with incomplete or missing health forms. For more information visit: http://www.famu.edu/index.cfm?shs&Immunizations
Contact Student Health Services at 850.533.3737 fax 850.599.3067 or visit 1700 Lee Hall Drive
116 Foote-Hilyer AC Tallahassee, FL 32307
2. Complete the Financial Aid Verification Process
If you have not done so, go online now to complete your and 2017-2018 and the 2018-2019 FAFSA. The priority filing date for Florida A&M is March 1st. New applicants should complete an Initial Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), https://fafsa.ed.gov/
Contact Financial Aid 850.599.3730 fax 850.561.2730 1700 Lee Hall Drive 101 Foote Hilyer Administration Center Tallahassee, FL 3230
3. Complete the MANDATORY Summer Housing Application as well as Fall Housing
· Apply for housing by accessing the following link. Print and submit two applications: One for Summer and one for Fall: http://www.famu.edu/housing/Housing%20Application%202018-2019%20with%20LLC%20as%20of%203-2-18.pdf ***$200 deposit is due with the applications.***
Access Summer Bridge participants must live in on-campus Housing for the first two academic years (fall and spring semesters) of enrollment. Refer to University Regulation 2.001 (Housing).
**Currently the advanced payment for 2018 first-time summer admit students is $200.
First-time summer admit students are not required to submit an advance payment
with the subsequent Housing Agreement for the fall semester.
All returning and fall admits are required to pay a $200 advance payment.
Submit form by mail or in person to the housing office at the information below:
Office of University Housing
1596 Gibbs Hall Trail
Tallahassee, FL 32307
Do not fax application or payment.
University Housing Office can only accept guaranteed funds in the following form of payment types:
· Money Order
Contact Housing at 850.599.3651 fax 561.2620 or visit 1596 Gibbs Hall Trail Lower Level of Gibbs Hall Tallahassee, FL 32307
4. Complete Orientation Registration
All new incoming students must register and attend orientation prior to starting classes at FAMU
5. Meal Plan
Sign-up for the Meal plan online using the following steps:
Note: Meal Plans are mandatory for students living on campus and you can only sign-up once online
- Go to www.famu.edu
- Select iRattler icon
- Login with your username & password
- Select Campus Solutions Center Self Service (from the menu)
- select Finances, then FAMU Meal Plan
- Select term
- At the bottom of the meal plan agreement, select Meal plan (use the hourglass)
6. Complete the following ASB (Access Summer Bridge) Forms
· Submit all documents to: Access@famu.edu
· Student/Parent Contract
· Intent to Participate Form
7. Provide Proof of Residency to the Admissions Office
Note: Read the directions on the following like carefully and entirely:
8. Take the Postsecondary Education Readiness Test (P.E.R.T.)
The purpose of the P.E.R.T. is to determine accurate course placement based on the student's skills and abilities. Contact your school’s guidance counselor or your local state college in order to take the test.