Academic coaches are support staff trained in evidence-based strategies to facilitate each session. The academic coach works to empower the student towards positive behavior change and improved academic performance. Students typically meet with an academic coach weekly throughout the duration of the semester by an appointment based system. The goal of coaching is to promote an individual's self-efficacy and confidence during their time at Florida A&M University. Coaching is provided year-round, including the summer term at NO cost.
Academic Coaches work with students in achieving their personal, academic, and professional goals. Academic Coaching empowers students to:
- Identify barriers that may impede academic success
- Improve time management and organizational skills
- Learn how to balance the demands of school and social life
- Identify and utilize academic support services and resources
- Become active learners
- Learn how to establish rapport and build relationships with professors
- Become self-aware and emotionally intelligent
- Create S.M.A.R.T goals
Mission: To help students reach their academic potential and function as independent scholars.