FAMU prioritizes the safety of our stakeholders and continues to maintain flexibility in its operations. We remain open for business. What has changed is the mode of delivery for our essential academic and operational services. We will continue to work remotely until further notice.
To contact the Undergraduate Student Success Center, please email email@example.com
We will respond to your message within 24 business hours.
First- Year Experience Program
Assists students with a successful transition,
academically and socially, from high school to college.
1) Mandatory First- Year Experience Course for all Freshman Students (SLS-1101)
2) Peer Mentoring ( upper level students who mentor incoming Freshman Students)
3) Academic Success Workshops ( study skills, test - taking skills, time management)
Students learn how to:
1) Improve study skills
2) Improve test taking strategies
3) Develop a work ethic and study skills required for college - level academic success.
Course Offerings First- Year Experience Course ( SLS- 1101, 2 credit hours)
Assists students with a successful trasition, academically and socially,
from high school to college,The course also reinforces critical thinking
and behaviors that lead to academic success. Career Development Course (SLS- 1102, 2 credits hours )
Assists students with understanding how to make an informed decision about choosing their major,
exploring career options, and developing skills necessary for success in a global economy. Academic Success Course (SLS - 1122, 2 credit hours)
Assists at- risk students to develop the study skills and personal success habbits that enhance learning
and encourage the highlest level of success.