Rattler CardWhat is the RATTLER Card and who needs one?
The RATTLER Card is Florida A&M University’s official University Identification Card, and is a vital part of your everyday life at FAMU. Many campus services are available only when the RATTLER Card is presented. The RATTLER Card can also serve as an ATM card. These options are features specifically designed for the Florida A&M community. You can select the options that benefit your needs.
What is the stripe on the back of the card?
The ABA stripe houses personalized (banking and access services) information and ATM functions.
What if my card is lost, damaged, or stolen?
Care should be taken to ensure that the card is not lost, damaged, or stolen. Because the RATTLER Card is considered an official identification card, loss of the card is comparable to the loss of a driver’s license or credit card. Lost or stolen cards should be reported immediately to the RATTLER Card Service Center at:
Hours: Mon. - Fri. 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
There is no charge for the initial card, but there is a $15.00 charge for a replacement card. To get a replacement card contact, students may log-in to iRattler and follow the navigation: Self-Service > Campus Finance > FAMU Rattler Card Replacement or by contacting the Rattler Card Office at 850-599-8366.
The Rattler card is used for:
- Identification Cards
- Card used to Access Meal Plans
- Library Card
- Secured Access to Buildings
- Gated Parking
- Electronic Book Voucher
- Bookstore Purchases
- Direct Deposit of Financial Aid
- Athletic Events
- Student Health Services - Clinic / Pharmacy
- Student Union / Fitness Center / Ticket Office
- Use of Rattler Bucks at participating locations (go to www.rattlercard.com for more information)
- Copy Center
- Post Office
The Rattler Card can also be used for optional banking convenience if you choose to link your card to a Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account for:
· Free access to cash at Wells Fargo ATMs nationwide
· Making purchases using your Personal Identification Number (PIN) at any merchant location that accepts PIN-debit card transactions
Speak to a Wells Fargo banker at a Wells Fargo banking location near you to open a new Everyday Checking account and to link it to your Rattler Card.
Click here to find out how
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. Member FDIC