About Operations Analysis
A Message from the Associate Director
"Embracing Technology with Excellence"
Transforming of business processes though
INNOVATION → COLLABORATION → INTEGRATION
Operations Analysis is a functional department within the Division of Administrative and Financial Services that works to enhance and improve the business processes of the university by taking a holistic view at how the university does business. Through business process reengineering, change management and leveraging technology we develop solutions to increase efficiency of business processes; achieve cost savings; measure performance; and develop a continuous process improvement plan for new and existing solutions. Also, we are the administrators of Perceptive Content, the university's workflow and document management system.
To develop a business process reengineering initiative that will encompass strategic planning, project management, and technology for creating effective and efficient solutions to improve business processes throughout the university's departments, schools, and colleges.
To provide innovative solutions for improving business processes throughout the university's departments, schools and colleges.
- Measure Performance of reengineered processes utilizing key performance indicator (KPI) to evaluate success
- Continuous process improvements for existing solutions to increase productivity and decrease processing time
- Expand Perceptive Content to improve administrative processes by:
- Leveraging workflow for digital approvals
- Providing access for departments, schools and colleges
- Document retrieval and reporting analytics
FAMU Vision 2020
University's Strategic Initiative 2
Enable Excellence in university processes and procedures
Goal 2.1 Improve Administrative Processes throughout the University
Goal 2.3 Enhance and Improve Accountability and Communication Processes
Goal 2.6 Develop a Business Process Re-engineering Initiative