Respondus Lockdown Browser and Respondus Monitor
This course requires the use of LockDown Browser and a webcam for online exams. The webcam can be built into your computer or can be the type that plugs in with a USB cable. Watch this short video to get a basic understanding of LockDown Browser and the webcam feature.
Then download and install LockDown Browser from this link:
Note: Don't download a copy of LockDown Browser from elsewhere on the Internet; those versions won't work at our institution.
To take an online test, start LockDown Browser and navigate to the exam. (You won't be able to access the exam with a standard web browser.) For additional details on using LockDown Browser, review this Respondus LockDown Browser Student Guide.pdf .
Finally, when taking an online exam, follow these guidelines:
• Ensure you're in a location where you won't be interrupted
• Turn off all mobile devices, phones, etc.
• Clear your desk of all external materials — books, papers, other computers, or devices
• Remain at your desk or workstation for the duration of the test
• If a webcam is required, make sure it is plugged in or enabled before starting LockDown Browser
• LockDown Browser will prevent you from accessing other websites or applications; you will be unable to exit the test until all questions are completed and submitted
• If a webcam is required, you will be recorded during the test to ensure you're using only permitted resources