United States – Brazil
|US-BRAZIL Environmental and Business Cross Cultural Initiative|
|The US-Brazil Environmental and Business Cross Cultural Initiative provides cross-national undergraduate study, research, and internship experiences, as well as faculty and curriculum development. For more information click here. |
|- To exchange undergraduate students and faculty between the American and the Brazilian universities of the consortium. |
- To develop common curriculum elements in the areas of Environmental Studies and Agribusiness.
- To emphasize the academic potential, professional impact, and overall benefits deriving from a study abroad experience available to students from both countries.
- To create opportunity for students to work towards achieving second language proficiency and to develop a better understanding of the cultures of both countries.
- To develop opportunities for students to participate in internships and other work related experiences.
- To develop the basis for sustainability of the project beyond the grant.
|Participating Institutions: |
Florida A & M University (FAMU)
University of West Florida (UWF)
Universidade Federal de Viçosa (UFV)
Universidade Federal do Ceará (UFC)
|Project Directors: |
|Rita C. Crider – University of West Florida |
Joseph V. Jones – Florida A & M University
Antonio Carvalho Campos – Universidade Federal de Viçosa
Ahmar Saeed Khan – Universidade Federal do Ceará
|The US-Brazil Higher Education Consortia Program is sponsored by the Fund for the Improvement of Post Secondary Education (FIPSE) of the U.S. Department of Education and the Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES) of the Brazil Department of Education. |
|Click here for the brouchure. |
|To apply click here and download the application. |