|The Office of International Education and Development has planned two exciting intensive conversational survival Spanish Language training summer programs for high school students throughout Leon County. The first group will be June 21 - July 30, 2010 and the second group will be July 05 - August 13, 2010. The classes will meet Monday - Thursday 8:00am - 12:00nn for four weeks; the remaining two weeks student will engage in intensive language and cultural immersion in Quito, Ecuador. |
This program is designed to achieve the following objectives:
• Create the opportunity for high school students to speak the Spanish Language;
• Learn about the Spanish culture with an emphasis on Ecuador
• Expose students to the life outside the U.S. national borders;
• Inspire students to embrace living in a multi-cultural society; and
• Promote learning of a second language.
Please call Joseph V. Jones with any questions in this regard at 599-3295.