Office of Human Resources
Recruitment and Classification HR Leader………………………………………………………. Mark Palazesi 850.599.8300
Functional Leader……………………………………………... Terrisa Brown 850.599.3352
Getting started with the Employment, Reclassification and Appointment Processes
Class Spec Manager
Areas of Responsibility:
Classification and Compensation
- Maintains Class Specifications for A&P and USPS class titles
- Maintains Class Specifications for A&P and USPS class titles;Establishes and Classifies A&P and USPS authorized positions;
- Maintains Position Descriptions for Faculty, A&P and USPS authorized positions
- Conducts Position Reviews for A&P and USPS authorized positions to ensure appropriate classification upon management's request;
- Maintains competitive information for Pay Levels (Pay Grades) for A&P and USPS positions
- Maintains exempt and nonexempt USPS class titles listing;
- Maintains desk procedures, Website, University Regulations and Procedures governing Classification and Compensation.
- Provides compensation consultation for A&P and USPS
Administers the Recruitment and Employment Programs for A&P, USPS and OPS Staff positions
Participates in and assist departments/areas in the Employee Selection Process including the:
- Prepares A&P, Faculty and USPS position vacancy advertisements
- Assist departments/areas in preparation of position vacancy advertisement waivers
- Receives and processes Employment Applications
Coordinates and prepares or assist the departments/areas in the Employee Appointment Process:
- Selection Criteria
- Interview Process
- Veteran's Preference
- Search and Screen Committees
- Determining Training and Experience Equivalency
- Drug Testing
- Fingerprinting and Criminal History Checks
Maintain Desk Procedures, Website, University Regulations and Procedures governing Recruitment and Employment of A&P and USPS employees.
- Process Employment Checklist Documents
- Assist departments/areas in conducting Employment Reference Checks
- Obtain High School Diplomas, Certificates, Licenses and College Transcripts
- Substantiate candidate's eligibility
The area is also responsible for the proper allocation and classification of all positions utilized by the University.
Employment is available in the following categories:
Executive Service – These positions are assigned to the Administrative and Professional Classification Plan and ordinarily report directly to the President. These positions are responsible for or are significantly involved in policy making at the University and do not have tenure and do not have any expectation of appointment beyond a 60 days’ notice period.
Faculty – These positions are assigned the principal responsibility of teaching, research, or public service activities or administrative responsibility for functions directly related to the academic mission.
Administrative and Professional (A&P) – These positions perform administrative and management responsibilities or professional duties at the department/unit level or above.
A&P Search and Screening Procedures (updates in progress)
University Support Personnel System (USPS) – These positions perform professional, paraprofessional, administrative, clerical, secretarial, technical, skilled crafts, service or maintenance duties.
Other Personal Service (OPS) – These are at-will, temporary employment positions.
Federal Immigration and Naturalization laws require that employers hire only citizens and nationals of the United States and lawfully authorized alien workers. Compliance with the law requires completion of Form I-9, which is used to verify identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired at the University.