Attendance & LeaveThe Attendance and Leave area manages functions including but not limited to:
- Maintaining Records of leave accrual and use by all salaried Faculty, A&P, including the Executive Service and USPS employees
- Calculating the hours of overtime and Ccmpensatory Leave payment for eligible USPS employees
- Preparing annual Compensated Leave Report for inclusion in the University Financial Statements
- Processing Family Medical Leave Act and othe Disability Leave requests
- Conducting exit interviews with employees separating from the University employment and processing terminated leave payments
- Conducting leave audits
- Assisting all departments/areas in time entry and time approvals
Flextime Work Schedule
A flextime work schedule may be approved for USPS employees, who have standard work hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., to have the flexibility of reporting to work as early as 7:30 a.m. and departing as late as 6:00 p.m. All employees must be present at their jobs during the period 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., unless on an approved leave.
All salaried employees are granted, with pay, the official State designated holidays listed below. An employee must be in pay status for at least a portion of the day proceeding the holiday in order to be eligible for compensation for the holiday.
For holidays that fall on Saturday, the preceding Friday shall be observed as a holiday; or if any of the holidays fall on Sunday, the following Monday shall be observed as a holiday. IMM 300
New Year's Day
Martin Luther King's Birthday (3 rd Monday in January)
Memorial Day (Last Monday in May)
Labor Day (First Monday in September)
Friday after Thanksgiving Day
USPS employees who attain permanent status are also granted one personal holiday in each fiscal year. The Personal holiday must be used prior to June 30 of each fiscal year or it will be forfeited.
Leave Balance Statements
Each biweekly pay period, employees are issued computer-generated statements indicating leave usage, leave earned and their current leave balances.
Sick Leave Pool
The University Sick Leave Pool allows for the pooling of eligible employees' sick leave credits into a central pool. Pool members who have been approved for sick leave pool hours due to illness, accident or injury that requires the member to be absent from work 10 or more consecutive days after exhaustion of all leave balances may use these hours. IMM 305
Vacation and Sick Days
On an annual basis, salaried full time employees earn, paid sick and/or vacation days as indicated below:
USPS 13 13 (1-5 years)*
16 (6-10 years)*
20 (10 years)*
*Accrual is based on the years of employment
Part-time employees accrue leave proportionate to the percentage of their appointment.
The normal operating, business hours of the University are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The normal work- week consists of 40 hours per week.