Phi Alpha Theta
History Honor Society, Inc.
The FAMU History Program is recruiting students for the Alpha-Lambda-Rho Chapter of Phi Alpha Theta, The National Political Science Honor Society. Phi Alpha Theta is "a professional society whose mission is to promote the study of history through the encouragement of research, good teaching, publication and the exchange of learning and ideas among historians. We seek to bring students, teachers and writers of history together for intellectual and social exchanges, which promote and assist historical research and publication by our members in a variety of ways."
To become a member of Phi Alpha Theta students need to meet the following criteria:
- Must complete a minimum of 12 semester hours (4 courses) in History;
- Achieve a minimum GPA of 3.1 in History classes;
- Achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 and;
- Be in the top 35% of their class.
- Must complete a minimum of 12 semester hours toward their Master's Degree in History and;
- Achieve a minimum GPA of 3.5;
Students interested in applying for membership in Phi Alph Theta should contact the Faculty Advisors Dr. Kyle Eidahl or Prof. Darius Young
Phi Alph Theta forms:
Membership Application Form