Assistant Professor of Political Science
Ph.D. Political Science, Howard University, 2008
Office: Tucker Hall, Room 322
Phone: (850) 412-5547 Email: email@example.com
Fields of interest:
- Public Administration/Public Policy (Public sector governance, health policy and politics)
- International Relations (Global health, international development)
- Comparative Politics (Africa).
- PAD 5025: Public Management
- PAD 5417: Problems of Public Personnel Administration
- ISS 5316: Advanced Application of Statistics and Research
- PAD 3003: Public Administration
- PAD 4223: Budget & Fiscal Management
- PAD 4024: Administrative Theories and Problems
- POS 2001: Introduction to Political Science
- POS 2041: American National Government
- POS 2112: American State and Local Government
- POS 4703: Scope and Methods of Political Science
- POS 4923: Professional Development and Verbal Reasoning
- (2016) Victor Eno, Senthilkumar Mehalingam, and Thomas Nathaniel. The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and Utilization of Preventive Health Care Services. In SAGE Open, January-March 2016: 1–13, DOI: 10.1177/2158244016636183. Direct URL link:
- (2015) Victor Eno and Senthilkumar Mehalingam. Knowledge of Healthcare Legislation and Use of Preventive Health Services in the Tallahassee-Leon County area of northwest Florida in the United States. In Journal of Law and Social Sciences (JLSS), Vol 4, No 2 (October 2015), 78-84.
- (2012) "Socio-economic determinants of access to health care in Leon County in northwest Florida." In Journal of US-China Public Administration, Vol. 9, No. 2, February 2012 (Serial Number 76), 139-149.
- (2010) "Governance constraints and health care delivery in Nigeria: The case of primary health care services in Akwa Ibom State.” In Public Administration & Management, Volume 15, Number 2, 342-364.
- (2014) International health intervention as foreign policy: Case study of United States Global Health Initiative (GHI)’s HIV/AIDS program in sub-Saharan Africa. In Adebayo Oyebade, (Ed.), The United States' Foreign Policy in Africa in the 21st Century: Issues and Perspectives, Durham, NC: Carolina Academic Press.
- (2005) Budget constraints and health care in the District of Columbia. In Abdul K. Bangura, (Ed.), Washington, DC’s Challenges, Lincoln, NE: iUniverse, Inc.
- (2015) “Financial and human resources constraints on basic health service delivery in Nigeria: case study of two local communities in Akwa Ibom State - Uruan and Etinan” Paper presented at Florida Summit on Health in Africa held at University of Florida, Gainesville, October 19, 2015
- (2015) “Employment status and effect on health insurance coverage of minority population groups in the United States” Paper presented at SECoPA 2015: The Southeastern Conference for Public Administration, Charleston, South Carolina, September 30-October 3, 2015.
- (2014) “The Affordable Care Act (ACA) and Utilization of Preventive Health Care Services by African Americans in the Tallahassee-Leon County area in northwest Florida” Paper presented at SECoPA 2014: The Southeastern Conference for Public Administration, Atlanta, Georgia, September 17-20, 2014.
- (2012) “International health intervention as foreign policy: Case study of United States Global Health Initiative (GHI)’s HIV/AIDS program in sub-Saharan Africa.” Paper presented at “US Foreign Policy in Africa in the 21st Century” Conference in Tennessee State University, Nashville, TN, on April 13, 2012.
- On-going research started in spring 2012 on “Determinants of access and use of preventive healthcare in the Tallahassee-Leon County area in northwest Florida”
- Presented on “Socioeconomic and political determinants of access to health care: Case study of the African America community in Leon & Gadsden Counties in north Florida,” at the 31st Annual Southeast Conference for Public Administration (SECoPA 2010), University of North Carolina, Wilmington, October 13-16, 2010.
- Presented on “Governance constraints and health care delivery in Nigeria: The case of primary health care services in Akwa Ibom State,” at 28th Annual Conference of Association of Third World Studies (ATWS) hosted by Armstrong Atlantic State University, Savannah, Georgia, October 7-9, 2010.
- Faculty Fellow, Educational Network for Active Civic Transformation (ENACT), International Center for Ethics, Justice and Public Life, Brandeis University.
- Core faculty with FAMU’s Center for Global Security & International Affairs (CGSIA)
- Completed volunteer assignment (May 17-June 2, 2012) under United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-Florida A&M University Farmer-to-Farmer program in South Africa involving training in business professional development and leadership/management capacity building for junior and senior level farm managers and supervisors at Lushof Fruit (Pty) Ltd., in Saron, Western Cape Province.
- Member, American Society for Public Administration (ASPA), and Member of Council, ASPA North Florida Chapter, 2010-present; (ASPA NFC website: www.aspaonline.org/northflorida)