Assistant Professor of Political Science
Ph.D. Political Science, Howard University, 2008
Office: Tucker Hall, Room 322
Phone: (850) 412-5547 Email: email@example.com
Fields of interest:
- Public Administration/Public Policy (Public sector governance, health policy and politics)
- International Relations (Global health, international development)
- Comparative Politics (Africa).
- PAD 5025: Public Management
- PAD 5417: Problems of Public Personnel Administration
- PAD 4223: Budget & Fiscal Management
- PAD 4024: Administrative Theories and Problems
- POS 2001: Introduction to Political Science
- POS 4703: Scope and Methods of Political Science
- POS 4923: Professional Development and Verbal Reasoning
- (2012) "Socio-economic determinants of access to health care in Leon County in northwest Florida." In Journal of US-China Public Administration, Vol. 9, No. 2, February 2012 (Serial Number 76), 139-149.
- (2010) "Governance constraints and health care delivery in Nigeria: The case of primary health care services in Akwa Ibom State.” In Public Administration & Management, Volume 15, Number 2, 342-364.
- (2005) Budget constraints and health care in the District of Columbia. In Abdul K. Bangura, (Ed.), Washington, DC’s Challenges, Lincoln, NE: iUniverse, Inc.
- (2012) “International health intervention as foreign policy: Case study of United States Global Health Initiative (GHI)’s HIV/AIDS program in sub-Saharan Africa.” Paper presented at “US Foreign Policy in Africa in the 21st Century” Conference in Tennessee State University, Nashville, TN, on April 13, 2012.
- On-going research started in spring 2012 on “Determinants of access and use of preventive healthcare in the Tallahassee-Leon County area in northwest Florida”
- Presented on “Socioeconomic and political determinants of access to health care: Case study of the African America community in Leon & Gadsden Counties in north Florida,” at the 31st Annual Southeast Conference for Public Administration (SECoPA 2010), University of North Carolina, Wilmington, October 13-16, 2010.
- Presented on “Governance constraints and health care delivery in Nigeria: The case of primary health care services in Akwa Ibom State,” at 28th Annual Conference of Association of Third World Studies (ATWS) hosted by Armstrong Atlantic State University, Savannah, Georgia, October 7-9, 2010.
- Core faculty with FAMU’s Center for Global Security & International Affairs (CGSIA)
- Completed volunteer assignment (May 17-June 2, 2012) under United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-Florida A&M University Farmer-to-Farmer program in South Africa involving training in business professional development and leadership/management capacity building for junior and senior level farm managers and supervisors at Lushof Fruit (Pty) Ltd., in Saron, Western Cape Province.