Frederic Essien, Ph.D.
School of the Environment
Florida A&M University
1515 South Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Tallahassee, FL 32307
Tel: 850- 561-2133
· Ph. D., Environmental Control, University of Newcastle Upon Tyne, England, 1973
· B.Sc., Physics, Mathematics, University of Ghana, 1963
· Nuclear Energy Training, Oak Ridge Associated Universities, Oak Ridge, Tennessee, May 1997;
· Faculty Research Participation Program, Oak Ridge National Laboratory,
June – August 1997;
· Unidata McIdas & Gempak Training Workshop, UCAR, Boulder, Colorado October – November 2000.
Physics and chemistry of the lower atmosphere; air pollution; environmental radioactivity.
There are no recent publications of note.
Currently Funded Grants
U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Radiation Protection Research and Education at Florida A&M University, $180,000 (2010-2013)