As part of our ongoing commitment to the environment, and in support of our University Energy Policy, Florida A&M University will hold an Energy Star pledge drive this Fall 2013 semester at the faculty planning conference. The event will feature stations to sign the pledge and special promotional giveaways.
You’ll have an opportunity to learn more about conserving energy, saving money and helping to protect the environment. Commit to make a change by taking the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s ENERGY STAR® Pledge. The pledge encourages people to take one or more of the following actions and join with millions who are making a real difference. When we work together, the rewards are great!
• Replace at least one light with an ENERGY STAR qualified CFL bulb or fixture
• Turn off the lights when you’re away from your desk at the office
• Improve your home heating and cooling system by setting a programmable thermostat to save energy, having your heating and cooling equipment tuned-up by a professional, or sealing obvious leaks and repairing disconnections in your home’s duct system
• Choose ENERGY STAR qualified equipment for your home office
• Enable ENERGY STAR computers and monitors to sleep using power management features
• Choose ENERGY STAR qualified appliances for the kitchen and laundry room
If every student and faculty member at FAMU was to participate in the pledge, that would translate to a reduction of 46.1 million pounds of greenhouse gas emissions.
FAMU has set a goal to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 5,000,000 pounds!
Help us exceed this goal and maximize your energy savings by taking the ENERGY STAR Pledge today.