Florida A&M University Logo
Home FamMail iRattler FamCast
College of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities

Faculty/Staff Directory  Faculty/Staff Directory
Phone  850.599.3430
Fax  850.561.2290

College of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities
515 Orr Drive
214 Tucker Hall
Tallahassee, Florida 32307

- C -

Change of Major  -  Students may transfer from one department to another or from one school to another with the written approval of the department chairs and deans concerned. If a student intends to change his/her major within his present School/College or to a different School/College, he/she must first meet with his/her current advisor and complete a Change of Major Form. The student is then to meet with an advisor in the department of his/her intended major. If accepted by the new College/School, the new Dean or his designee will complete the Change of Major form. If the student has not been accepted into the new department by registration time, the student must seek advisement from his/her current faculty advisor. Once the form is complete, the student should take the form to their appropriate academic unit(s) and colleges for signatures. Form fields should be typed, not handwritten. 

- G -

cssah/Grievance Form.pdf

- M-

Meeting Request with Dean  - In order to schedule a meeting with the Dean, associate deans, or support staff of CSSAH, students must first meet with their instructor/advisor followed-up by a meeting with the chair of the academic department. You will be contacted within 72 hours regarding your request. Please be advised that the dean has a fixed schedule and is available to meet with student on select days.





Students that have both academic and non-academic issues can submit the completed form to the College of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities, Suite 214, Tucker Hall.  This form should be submitted after the student has attempted to resolve the issue with the instructor and/or chairperson.  If the student’s concern involves the department chairperson, the student can immediately submit the form to the Dean’s Office. 

To obtain the form, click here 
www.famu.edu/cssah or stop by the College of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities in Tucker Hall, Room 214 to obtain the form.