FAMU Libraries are closed for in-person use, until further notice. However, the Library is providing online access to electronic resources and providing online research assistance to students and faculty.
Email and phone assistance are also available. For more information and assistance, please visit the Library's website at library.famu.edu, or call 850-599-3330.
From the website, please click on the tab for Ask-A-Librarian for assistance. You may also email your subject librarian directly for research assistance.
All of the information for online assistance, including the subject librarian email addresses, are available on the Library's website on the tab for Get Help.
Hyperlinks to Library Resources and Services
Access to the Website, Library Catalog, Databases, EJournals, EBooks and Articles
University Libraries Website
E-Journals and Newspapers
Please contact your subject librarian for hyperlinks or URLs for specific titles.
Access to a Librarian and Research Assistance
Ask a Librarian
Schedule a Research Appointment
Librarians are available to assist your students through virtual (Zoom, Skype, etc.) sessions either during your class time or individually. Please feel free to schedule a session by going to the Information Literacy Session Request form and answering yes to, “I would like to schedule a virtual session with my students.”
Off Campus Access
My Library Account
- Students can access the food pantry Monday through Friday, from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Student Health Center.
- Food services will continue for the students who remain on campus. Operating hours and locations can be found at metzfamu.com.
- Rattler's Nest is closed until further notice.
- All on-campus Metz catering for events have been cancelled until further notice.
Bookstore ServicesBusiness Center Services
- Hours of operation are 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. until further notice.
- Student Health Services, located in Foote-Hilyer Administration Building Suite 116, will be open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Fridays. If you have a cough, fever or flu like symptoms, please call (850) 599-3777 before coming to the clinic.
- Counseling Services
- The Office of Counseling Services can be reached at (850) 599-3145.
- Students may also call WellConnect at 833-848-1765 for phone or online support.
- Employees may access support through Resources for Living at (800) 272-7252.
- An outside vendor has been identified to assist with sanitization of potentially impacted areas as required.
- Campus health care workers are required to wear respiratory protection during treatment of patients and have been “fit tested” or respiratory use. Facilities personnel with an increased likelihood of exposure have been “fit tested” for respirator use and have received additional training. These employees have been equipped with the appropriate personal protective equipment and will be available to address impacted areas.
- The Hansel Tookes Recreation Center is closed until further notice.
Safety and Security
- Emergency contact numbers:
- FAMU Police Department (850) 599-3256, open 24/7
Facilities and Administrative (F&A)
- Staff has increased the frequency of cleaning of all facilities.
- All facilities are stocked with the necessary cleaning supplies.
- Campus health care workers are required to wear respiratory protection during treatment of patients and have been “fit-tested” for respiratory use. Facilities personnel with an increased likelihood of exposure have been “fit-tested” for respirator use and have received additional training. These employees have been equipped with the appropriate personal protective equipment and will be available to address impacted areas.
- Invitations to campus for interviews should be canceled and alternate arrangements made to continue the process (Zoom, Telephonic, etc.)
- All campus tours have been canceled until further notice. We encourage virtual campus tours. Visit: http://famu.edu/#
- Consultants who are deemed mission critical as determined by the respective Vice President will be allowed to continue services on campus.
- Any consultant services that can be provided remotely, will be asked to do so.
Advisement and Student Success
- The Center for Academic Advising will be open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Students should contact their academic advisors via email or by telephone and provide their name, student ID and contact information. The academic advisor will respond between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. and academic advisors are also available for ZOOM meetings. Students unable to contact their advisor should contact Sabrina Edwards, Ph.D., director for academic advising email@example.com or (850) 412-5916.
- Beginning Monday, March 23, 2020, academic coaches will be available on the Zoom platform. All academic coaches will email their current students with directions. Students interested in requesting an academic coach should email a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- First Year Experience (FYE) Peer Mentors will continue ongoing communication with their students using Zoom and GroupMe. In addition, mentors will work with students to create an online success plan for Summer 2020 and beyond. Mentees will be contacted by their mentor on a weekly basis via Zoom. Students should monitor their email and their SLS Blackboard course for updates related to FYE peer mentors. Students with questions may email email@example.com.
- Students participating in the Access Summer Bridge (ASB) program will have ongoing communication and activities with their ASB Peer Mentors. Students should continue to monitor their FAMU email for updates on ASB workshops and other ASB-related information. Students may call (850) 599-8200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
<< Back to Previous Page