DIVISION of CONTINUING EDUCATION
SPRING BREAK ABROAD 2013
The Office of International Education & Development at Florida A&M University invites faculty and students to actively engage in education abroad.
Participating faculty can enhance their classroom instruction, conduct individual research or lead students in class-related services learning or field studies. Students are exposed to the diversity of other cultures in an affordable, international adventure highlighted by cultural seminars, recreation, entertainment and exploration or world-class historical sights.
The world becomes an extension of the classroom from the moment you depart from Tallahassee to the moment you return from Ghana or the Dominican Republic. Don’t miss out on this rewarding experience! Join us!
TARGET AUDIENCE: Students in Specific Classes, Students in Specific Majors, Faculty in Specific Fields and the General Student Body.
MARCH 10-16, 2013
• Seminars: One Island & Two Unique Cultures: Haiti and the
• U.S. Embassy Tour and Seminar: U.S. Foreign Policy and Mission
• Excursions to world-class historical sights
• Small group discipline-specific exploration
• Exposure to Dominican folk culture and recreation
• Outreach activity: School Supplies and Underwear
MARCH 7-17, 2013
• Mole Park, a safari in the northern part of Ghana
• Kakum National Park, a famous canopy forest in Southern Ghana
• Cape Coast Castle and El Mina Castle, colonial slave holding facilities
• Akaa Falls, a lush rainforest with beautiful waterfalls and hills
• Tours of Ghana's universities
• W.E.B. DuBois Memorial Museum
For additional information regarding Ghana, please contact:
Dr. Yussif Dokurugu
Department of Sociology and Criminal Justice
(850) 228.2197 (cell)
(850) 412.7879 (office).
Single Accommodations (for Faculty or staff only) costs $250 more. No refunds for airfare after January 4, 2013.
*The price for each trip includes: round-trip airfare, hotel accommodations and meals, in-country transportation, excursions and admissions fees.
For further assistance, please contact:
Mrs. Myra D. Walton
Office of International Education & Development
305 N. Perry-Paige Building