What is a resume?
- A resume is a summary of your experiences and skills relevant to the field of work you are entering.
- It highlights your accomplishments to show a potential employer that you are qualified for the work you want. It is not a biography of everything you have done.
- Its purpose is to get you an interview.
- A resume can (and often should) reflect more than just your paid work experience. Current students, in particular, should consider including the details of your more important extracurricular, volunteer and leadership experiences.
- Tailor separate resumes to fit each career field in which you are job searching. Some people create slightly different resumes tailored to each job opening.
- Remember that you can attend a resume workshop or have your resume critiqued here at the Career Center.
1610 South Martin Luther King Junior Boulevard
The Commons 104
Tallahassee, FL 32307