What's Happening in Business and Auxiliary Services?
- "Release the Pink". BAS recognizes those who have survived or are undergoing treatment for breast cancer and pays homage to those who are currently in the fight at the "Release the Pink" Breast Cancer Awareness Balloon Releasing Ceremony held on Wednesday, October 31, 2018 at 12 p.m. at FAMU's eternal flame.
- Healthy Campus Week. As a part of Florida A&M University's (FAMU) Partnership for a Healthier America, the University hosted Healthy Campus Week from September 24 -28, 2018. Please feel free to enjoy photos from some of the week long events on our Facebook page @famubas.
- $5 Million Capital Investment. A monetary portion of the food services contract renewal is presented by the founder and owner of Metz Culinary Management, John Metz Sr. to Florida A&M University in the amount of $5M for capital investments and other discretionary uses.
- Chick-Fil-A Presents New Order & Pay Kiosk. Guests will have the ability to place an order and pay at one of two of the Chick-Fil-A kiosks located in University Commons. Payment options include debit/credit, flex bucks and rattler bucks.
- Phase 2: Student Services Center (SSC) Food Court Renovation. As renovation progresses, ceiling and flooring tiles are being removed from the SSC food court. The food court renovation and redesign includes new floor installation and wall finishes, community seating, updated ceiling and lighting, furniture, additonal TV's, a gaming station and a new fresh and healthy food concept " The Chopping Block". All brands in the food court will include" AFC Sushi, Tropical Smoothie, Pizza Express, The Chopping Block and Wing Stop. " A porting of the department's mission statement speaks of our investment back into the university. This is one of our continual efforts to enhance our services to meet the guests expectations of campus experiences reflecting currrent trends," said W. Rebecca Brown, Assistant Vice President for Finanance and Administration, Business and Auxiliary Services.
FAMU featured in May/June 2018 Edition of Food Management Magazine. The University's food service provider, Metz Culinary Management is recognized for hiring special-needs workers and are featured in the May/June 2018 Edition of Food Management Magazine. To read the full article, please clink on the link provided: Hiring people with special needs? Here are 7 thing to know
Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University (FAMU) New Commitment to Promote and Support Healthier Options on Campus Puts it at the Forefornt of the Cultural Shift Towards Wellness. Committed to supporting the health of students, faculty and staff, FAMU has made a multi-year commitment to Partnership for a Healthier America's (PHA) Healthier Campus Initiative.
" A healthy mind, body and soul is necessary for a productive lifestyle. It is our pleasure to help our guests accomplish this," said W. Rebecca Brown, Committee Chair and FAMU's Assistant Vice President for Finance and Administration, Business & Auxiliary Services.
Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University is one of more than 60 forward-thinkng institutions of higher learning to make a commitment to implement the Partnership's promising practices that range from offering healthy wellness meals to providing access to drinking water and more diverse opportunities for physical activity.
Summer 2018 Renovations HAPPENING NOW!! STUDENT SERVICES CENTER Lobby and Food Court . Phase 1 of SSC Renovations are almost complete as Phase 2 Food Court Renovations are underway. The SSC lobby will feature new tile flooring, paint and accent furniture. In addition to the new features, be on the look out for new branding to showcase our Rattler Pride! Stay Tuned!!
NEW FEATURE!! Faculty & Staff can sign-up online for a meal plan!! Faculty and Staff meal plans are payroll deductible and employees have an option of one or two deductions per plan. You many not add an additonal plan unitl your existing plan is paid in full. (Please note: During the payroll process period, employees are not allowed to make changes that affect payroll). If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Rattler Card Office at 850-599-8366.
- SPRING 2018: Text RATTLERS to 737737 from your mobile phone for a chance to win $1,000 to cover tuition, fees, books, supplies, equipment, related educational expenses or pay off student loans. You must be at least 18 or older and currently enrolled at FAMU to enter. Promotion dates: 02/5/18 - 3/3/18. Entries must be received by the Entry Deadline, 3/3/18. ENTER DAILY!!
- Rattler To Go. At your desk and thinking about what to eat and where to go for lunch? You can take advantage of Rattler To Go, a NEW online ordering service offered at President's Dining Room and Rattler's Nest. Guests are able to create an account, place a food order and pick-up within a short amount of time. Convenient and Easy! Take the worry away!! Download FAMU Campus Services mobile app and start ordering today!!
Get Your FAMU Rattlers SWAG!! - Earn Rewards!! You have a chance to receive a Dri-fit T-Shirt (100 pts.), Trucker Hat (200 pts.) or Oakley Backpack (400 pts.) from your drink purchases at any of the Beverage Vending machines on campus. One Rattler bucks swipe equals ten (10) points. Recipients will be contacted via campus email to claim rewards. GET TO SWIPING!!
Renovations - Summer 2017 - STUDENT SERVICES CENTER. Newly renovated Rattler Card office, University Bookstore and Dining Hall expansion to include addition of 125 seating capacity, Catering Kitchen and Office Space, as well as Business and Auxiliary Services Administration Office.
FAMU Business Center now selling shipping and mailing supplies!!! Rattler Bucks Accepted at Snack and Beverage Vending. Did you know? You are able to purchase your snack and beverage vending items using RATTLER BUCKS? For more information on how to add value to your Rattler Card, visit rattlercard.com
FAMU Business Center, the one -stop shop for all your copy, printing, mail and postal needs has extended its hours to 6:00 p.m. Please stop by and check out our services.
BAS has a Mobile App! Download FAMU CAMPUS SERVICES for access to mobile food ordering at the President's Dining Room and Rattler's Nest as well as other features: Snack and Drink Machine locations, Laundry View, online copying and printing and so much more! Metz Culinary Management presents AFC Sushi Bar located at Chef's Table in FAMU Food Court.
SPRING 2017: Text RATTLERS to 737737 from your mobile phone for a chance to win $1,000 to cover tuition, fees, books, supplies, equipment, related educational expenses or pay off student loans. You must be at least 18 or older and currently enrolled at FAMU to enter. Promotion dates: 02/1/17 - 02/28/17. Entries must be received by the Entry Deadline, 02/28/17. ENTER DAILY!!
WELCOME to the NEW Faculty/Staff Dining Lounge
located in the Rattler's Nest. The new seating area is located on the South side of the Rattlers Nest. FACULTY/STAFF ONLY.
- Food Court Hours of Operation will be extended to 6pm on Fridays beginning next week Feb. 3rd.: Chef's Table, Wing Stop, Pizza Express and Tropical Smoothie
Text FAMUTUITION to 737737 from your mobile phone for a chance to win $1,000 to cover tuition, fees, books, supplies, equipment, related educational expenses or pay off student loans. You must be at least 18 or older to enter. Promotion dates: 10/1/16 - 10/31/16. Entries must be received by the Entry Deadline, 10/31/16. Limit 1 per day/30 total.
For official rules or mail-in entry, print your name, residential address, phone and date of birth on a 3x5 card. Mark envelope with "Entry" or "Rules".
2016 Schweppes/FAMU College Education Sweepstakes
P.O. Box 6136, Dept F
Clear Lake, MN 55319
Digital Storefront services at the University Copy Center. A Web-to-Print solution that allows the submission and ordering of printing jobs online. You can choose your printing specifications, upload files, view a proof and see real time pricing from your computer. To learn more and place orders as a student, CLICK HERE. For faculty and staff, CLICK HERE.
Venom 100 Meal Plans offer $100 in Flexbucks which can be used at any Metz dining service location such as the Rattler's Nest, President's Dining Room, FAMU- FSU College of Engineering and the main cafeteria/Dining Hall. To learn more or purchase a meal plan, CLICK HERE. BAS Mobile App launching Fall 2016. Patrons will have the ability to order food at two FAMU dining locations as well as locate all Business and Auxiliary Service areas to include the nearest snack and drink vending machines.
Interactive Vending Machines to be located in Coleman Library and University Commons. Find out what's happening in BAS while waiting for your snacks.