ASAP responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review Personnel documents (PAR's, Request to Advertise, OPS recommendations and Faculty/Graduate Recommendations) to ensure accuracy, completeness, budget position, and appropriate signatures are obtained prior to submission to HR for processing
- Establish procedures to ensure timeliness of salary payments and to eliminate off-cycle pay requests. This includes reviewing cost center reports to validate payroll and to ensure that all employees that are due a paycheck actually receive one.
- Review and approve all travel authorizations, expense reports and cash advances in the Travel and Expense module, for ensuring compliance to applicable laws, policies and procedures.
- Assist in training department travel representatives and travel approvers.
- Assist the departments in maintaining the security workflow in the Travel and Expense module.
- Assist the departments in monitoring Travel Authorizations, Cash Advances and Expense Reports that are idle in the Travel and Expense Module for maintaining cleanliness of data.
- Serves as fiscal/budget representative for colleges/schools and administrative units.
- Monitor budget expenditures to ensure departments remain within their appropriation.
- Provide monthly budget reports to Dean, Directors, and Department Chairs.
- Assist the departments in monitoring outstanding requisitions and purchase orders.
- Review purchasing encumbrances for accurate budget management.
- Assist departments in resolving vendor payment issues.
- Assist the departments in maintaining the security workflow.
All personnel in the ASAP unit will be cross-trained as well as specialized for assigned departments(s)/units(s).