Ignite Transfer Program
Lighting the Path to Your Dreams
Transfer Admissions: Students who have taken or earned at least 12 hours after they have graduated High School, are generally considered Transfer Students.
What is the IGNITE Transfer Program?
Transfer Program is an alternative option for students to earn their degree from FAMU after transferring from a Florida College System (FCS)/Community College with their AA/AS degree. This collaboration between FAMU and the FCS provides greater clarity regarding pathways to completing a bachelor’s degree by guaranteeing admission* consistent with university policy. The collaboration clearly outlines via curriculum maps, the required courses for graduation or degree completion.
What are other Advantages?
- Online admission process
- Shorter time to degree completion
- Access to on-campus sporting events
- Study Abroad
- Graduate Feeder Program
Students will receive:
- Guaranteed Admission* consistent with university policy with an earned Associate of Arts or Associate of Science Degree and a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Access to a Comprehensive Enrollment Management Team and a FAMU Representative to assist with your transfer process, to include a step by step support before, during, and after transferring to FAMU. These advising teams will provide academic pathways for students to complete prerequisite courses and program requirements prior to transferring to the university.
- Scholarships: Students who receive the AA/AS Degree from a Florida State or Community College with a 2.75 (effective Spring Semester 2018, students are required to have a 3.0 GPA) or greater cumulative GPA and transfer to FAMU are eligible for scholarships. These scholarships can produce an educational cost savings of $3,000 - $10,000 over 2 years. Scholarships are worth up to $1,500- $5,000 per semester OR $3,000- $10,000 over 2 years).
- Transfer Orientation: A designated transfer orientation that promotes the specific needs of transfer students including advisement, enrollment, registration and financial assistance.
- Priority Registration: Transfer students have priority registration to ensure the courses needed to persist to graduation are available.
- Broward College
- Miami-Dade College
- Santa Fe College
- Tallahassee Community College
- St. Petersburg College
- Palm Beach State College
- Valencia College
Admission Offers are Tentative:
All offers of admission are tentative if you have high school or collegiate coursework in progress. Final admission is dependent on receipt and review of your final transcripts.
Admission offers are subject to cancellation if your final coursework does not meet admission requirements.
Students who enroll through the Ignite Program and wish to transfer prior to completion must meet transfer admission requirements. Criteria for transfers with less than 60 semester hours click here
Click on the IGNITE If you are interested in learning more.
FAMU Notice of Nondiscrimination
The Florida A&M University encourages applications for admission from qualified students regardless of race, color, marital status, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected group status in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws on non-discrimination and equal opportunity.
*Limited access programs generally require additional application materials (Cardiopulmonary Science, Engineering, Journalism, Nursing, Pharmacy-Undergraduate, and Pharmacy Professional).