The Office of Institutional Research (OIR) works collaboratively with all members of the university community to enhance the educational mission as set forth in the University's Strategic Plan. The mission of OIR is to:
- Provide higher order research and to ensure the integrity and reliability of information for effective institutional planning, policy formulation and decision-making.
- Coordinate responses to inquiries for all university-related data in order to provide consistent, accurate and timely information to administrators, faculty, trustees and other internal and external constituencies.
- Serve as the central repository, administrator, and manager of Board of Governors and other Federal data collection/reporting systems on campus.
OIR functions as the official source of institutional information. The office executes its mission through the following shared goals:
- Responding to state and federal reporting requirements, eliminating source-data discrepancies and developing procedures and programs. Developing and publishing standard reports of institutional information and responding to external surveys/questionnaires;
- Maintaining an IR website that shares with the University community the information reported to various agencies Internal and external ad hoc requests will be handled in a timely and accurate manner;
- Being proactive in providing planning and analytical support for decision-making. Monitoring and providing leadership for the University to be on the cutting edge of IR and planning technology; and
- Working collaboratively with our internal and external customers and providers to ensure efficiency, uniformity of information and to avoid duplication of effort.