Florida A&M University Hosts Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony
Florida A&M University (FAMU) has scheduled a ribbon-cutting ceremony for its Multipurpose Center Teaching Gymnasium for Wednesday, April 8, at 12:30 p.m. The gymnasium is located at 1800 Wahnish Way.
The gymnasium will be the new home to FAMU's Department of Physical Education. It will feature the following:
- Sports training and physical education training areas;
- A hydrotherapy pool, concession stands and ticket booths;
- Interactive learning classrooms;
- Athletic and physical education offices;
- An indoor track; and
- An arena that will seat more than 9,000
A tour of the gymnasium will be provided. The general public is invited to attend. For more information, call the FAMU's Office of Communications at (850) 599-3413.