TALLAHASSEE, Fla. –
Florida A&M University (FAMU) Athletics once again asks all fans to plan ahead for dealing with high temperatures at Bragg Memorial Stadium as Rattler Football takes on Samford at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 14. Those attending the Youth Day Rattlers vs. Bulldogs matchup are asked to take note of several precautionary measures and guidelines from FAMU Athletics.
Bragg Memorial Stadium will be ready for the heat and equipped with water jugs and misting stations positioned throughout the east and west concourses for fans in need of relief from the high temperatures. Additionally, fans will be allowed to bring one unopened, factory-sealed bottle of water through the stadium’s gates.
General guidelines for high temperature days:
• Wear loose-fitting clothing and a hat
• Use sunscreen of at least 30 SPF – repeat application periodically
• Seek shade if you begin to feel dizzy
• Drink plenty of fluids such as water and isotonic drinks (Powerade, etc) – be sure to
include these on your tailgate shopping lists!
• Avoid excessive consumption of alcohol
• Go immediately to a First Aid station, or notify the nearest event personnel if you need
FAMU will provide the following amenities to fans for the Samford game:
• Stadium concession stands will be stocked with twice as much bottled water as usual
• Courtesy cups of ice will be available for fans needing to cool down once gates open
• Water jugs will be spread throughout the east and west concourse for fans in need of
hydration once gates open
• One (1) unopened, factory sealed bottle of water is permitted to enter the stadium, not to exceed 20 oz.
• Misting stations will be set up inside the stadium on the east and west concourse
• Event personnel, uniformed officers and EMS will be on the lookout for fans in heat
Remember your RATTLER PRIDE
• Wear FAMU gear
• Be Responsible
• Arrive Early/Stay Late
• Celebrate our Traditions
• Respect the Game
For more information, visit www.famuathletics.com
- 30 -