January 15, 2010TALLAHASSEE, Fla
. – Florida A&M University (FAMU) launched several new initiatives today through its Haiti Relief Effort including a new mobile giving campaign.
Individuals interested in supporting the mobile giving campaign can text the word “Relief” to 50555 to make a $5 donation to the FAMU-Haiti Relief Fund. This process can be repeated up to five times. Standard text messaging rates apply.
FAMU is accepting supplies to help in the immediate relief efforts. The University will accept the following items:
- Towels, Washcloths and Toothbrushes
- Hygiene Products (soap, toothpaste, feminine products, alcohol swabs, diapers, etc.)
- First Aid Kits (self contained)
- Antibiotics (ointment)
- Medical Supplies (bandages, gauze, peroxide, etc.)
- Bug Spray
- Flashlights and Batteries
- Toilet Paper
The Office of Student Activities established several drop-off centers today. The following is a list of the current drop-off centers:
- Office of Student Activities, FAMU’s Campus
- William Gray Center (CORE), FAMU’s Campus
- Rattlers Den, FAMU’s Campus
- Alumni House
1810 S. Adams Street, Tallahassee, Fla.
- Florida A&M University College of Law
201 Beggs Avenue, Suite 308
FAMU has set up a Call Center, located the William Gray Center, to give students the opportunity use the telephone or computer to make contact with their families. University officials expect the center to open for business beginning Tuesday afternoon, January 19, 2010.
- 30 -