Core Responsibilities (Description) of Position: Associate Vice President for Student Affairs (Student Life) and Dean of Students
This position serves under the title of Associate Vice President for Student Affairs (Student Life) and Dean of Students. As a member of the Division of Student Affairs leadership team, the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs (Student Life) and Dean of Students will report directly to the Vice President of Student Affairs. The Associate Vice President Associate Vice President for Student Affairs (Student Life) and Dean of Students is responsible for supervising the areas of Housing and Residential Life, Student Activities, Student Government, Campus Recreation, Child Care and Judicial Affairs. Provide a comprehensive range of administrative, operational, and programmatic support for the Division of Student Affairs. Assists and executes a myriad of administrative duties to include: accreditation, assessment, strategic planning, annual reports, human resources management, budgeting, policy & procedures, publications, and other special projects as assigned by the Vice President for Student Affairs. Works collaboratively with students, faculty, and staff across the university campus to support and promote strategic initiatives for the Division of Student Affairs.
· Ensures that budgeting, personnel matters, and division-wide reporting are accomplished in accordance with university, state, and federal guidelines, regulations, procedures and policies.
· Provides vision and direction for the development and implementation of a comprehensive array of operational and programmatic initiatives associated with Student Life designed to support and enhance programmatic directives, student retention, fiscal & institutional accountability, strategic & long-range planning, and accreditation reaffirmation.
· Public interaction is high. In particular is expected to have very high interaction with the faculty, staff and student population. Specifically, incumbent services on committees, coordinate projects as assigned by the V.P. for Student Affairs, represent the university and Division of Student Affairs at campus and community activities, and have frequent contact with vice presidents, associate vice presidents, directors, and department heads.
· Monitor and comply with all fiscal expenditures and guidelines in accordance with university and state policies and procedures.
Facilitate provisions of other support services outside of department such as, space planning, participation in leadership development, contact with related government and/or accrediting agencies as needed. Work closely with other agencies, academic
schools and colleges, academic affairs, general counsel, compliance, administrative & fiscal affairs, contracts and sponsored programs, human resources/personnel, information technology services, development and public relations, athletics, alumni affairs and departments within the Division of Student Affairs.
· Demonstrated ability to obtain results in a team-based environment; work independently and effectively with a diverse student body, faculty and staff. Effective presentation and communication skills. Demonstrated commitment to diversity, disability and cross-cultural issues. Demonstrated ability to initiate, implement and coordinate projects. Level of computer skills to effectively conduct electronically based business, communication, record keeping and utilization of resources.