About the Office of the Dean of Students
The mission of the Office of the Dean of Students and its units is to supports the mission of the University and the Division of Student Affairs by promoting “excellence with caring” by focusing on the essential elements that contribute to student success.
Students learn best and succeed when they are actively involved in their education, when they become responsible for their growth as students, and when their learning is based on life experiences.
To be recognized for providing FAMU students with an exceptional student experience focused on producing graduates ready to lead lives of leadership, meaning and purpose.
- Contribute positively to our students’ lives.
- Embrace diversity as an essential component of our academic enterprise.
- Promote integrity and appropriate behavioral standards through the FAMU Student Code of Conduct.
- Ensure that every student is treated with care and concern.
- Engage and educate our students to be better citizens by guiding them towards ethical decision-making and accountability.