Presidential Special Scholarship
The Presidential Special Scholarship program is a merit scholarship for high school graduates. These individuals are diverse and have special talents outside of the classroom setting. The scholarship will provide between $2,000 and $5,000 per academic year. The scholarship will cover fees associated with tuition, but minus the postal fee and the orientation fee or charges associated with room and board.
Students are eligible to receive an award for a maximum of eight (8) semesters. A student must maintain enrollment in the degree program under which this award was made. Students may not change majors. A student must enroll in fifteen credit hours per semester. Awards are not made during the summer term.
Students are seeking initial funding will:
• Earn a standard US high school diploma or its equivalency (unless the student completes a home education program or earns a high school diploma from a non-US high school while living with a parent who is on military or public service assignment away from the US).
• Have 1000 on the redesigned SAT or a 24 on the ACT. Must earn a 550 on the SAT math section or 24 on the ACT Math subject area.
• Have a 3.0 FAMU recalculated GPA.
Eligibility for renewal is determined at the end of the second semester or the equivalent of each academic year. For automatic renewal, an award recipient will have:
• Earned credit for all hours enrolled by the regular drop/add period each term.
• Earned a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
• Maintained the degree program at time of admission.
• Validated FAFSA on file in the FAMU Office of Financial Aid prior to March 1.