Presidential Special Scholarship
The Presidential Special Scholarship program is a merit scholarship for high school graduates. These individuals are diverse and have special talents outside of the classroom setting. The scholarship will cover fees associated with tuition, but minus the postal fee and the orientation fee or charges associated with room and board.
Students are eligible to receive an award for a maximum of eight (8) semesters. A student must maintain enrollment in the degree program under which this award was made. Students may not change majors. A student must enroll in fifteen credit hours per semester. Awards are not made during the summer term.
Students are seeking initial funding will:
• Earn a standard US high school diploma or its equivalency (unless the student completes a home education program or earns a high school diploma from a non-US high school while living with a parent who is on military or public service assignment away from the US).
• Have 1220 on the redesigned SAT or a 27 on the ACT. Must earn a 590 on the SAT math section or 27 on the ACT Math subject area.
• Have a 3.5 FAMU recalculated GPA.
• Earn a minimum score of 76 on the ALEKS Math exam for Engineering, Physical, Life, Natural and Computer Sciences majors. All others must earn at least a 61 on the ALEKS Math exam.
Eligibility for renewal is determined at the end of each semester. For automatic renewal, an award recipient must comply with the policies of the University Scholarship program and the bullets below:
• Enroll in a minimum of 15 credit hours each semester.
• You cannot drop or withdraw from a course(s) after the official university drop and add period has ended (see University Registrar's calendar).
• Earn a "C" or better in all courses each semester. If you do not earn "C" or better in each course, the scholarship will be terminated.
• Earn a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better at the end of each semester.
• Maintain the academic program at time of admission (you cannot change your major or degree program).
• Must enroll in degree program required courses each semester (must follow academic map).
• Validated (submission of verification documents) and completed FAFSA on file in the FAMU Office of Financial prior to January 1.
• Earn 22 hour of community service at the end of each semester (must be documented in iSTRIKE via the Office of Student Activities)
• Recipients must participate in scholarship activities (President's Convocation, Scholar's Speaker Series, etc.,).
• Freshmen are required to visit the office bi-weekly and to participate in study and tutorial sessions.
• Sophomores, juniors and seniors are required to visit the office bi-weekly and to participate in study and tutorial sessions.
• Failure to comply with the above bullets or other policies of the University Scholarship Program will result in the loss (termination) of your scholarship.
• Loss of scholarship (termination) will not be reinstated at a later date.
Freshman year only (cumulative grade point average reviewed at the end of spring semester)
Scholarship awards are limited. Awards will be made based upon the competitiveness of the current pool of candidates and until funds are exhausted.