Distinguished Scholars Award
The Distinguished Scholars Award Program is a merit scholarship for U. S. high school graduates. Eligible scholars will receive an award to cover the cost of tuition minus the sum of Bright Futures, the National Merit® award or other scholarship and awards. The scholarship will cover fees associated with tuition, but minus the postal fee and the $35 orientation fee.
• Earn a standard US high school diploma or its equivalency (unless the student completes a home education program or earns a high school diploma from a non-US high school while living with a parent who is on military or public service assignment away from the US).
• Have 1350 on the redesigned SAT or a 30 on the ACT. Must earn a *650 on the SAT math section or *30 on the ACT Math subject area.
• Have a 4.00 FAMU recalculated GPA.
• Earned a minimum score of 76 on the ALEKS.
• Be a U.S. resident
Eligibility for renewal is determined at the end of each semester. For automatic renewal, an award recipient must comply with the policies of the University Scholarship program and the bullets below:
•Enroll in a minimum of 15 credit hours each semester.
•You cannot drop or withdraw from a course(s) after the official university drop and add period has ended (see University Registrar's calendar).
•Earn a "C" or better in all courses each semester. If you do not earn "C" or better in each course, the scholarship will be terminate.
• Earn a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or better at the end of each semester.
Freshman year only (cumulative grade oint average reviewed at the end of the semester)
Scholarship awards are limited. Awards will be made based upon the competitiveness of the current pool of candidates and until funds are exhausted.